Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my ignition switch went out, and i dunt feel like paying $115 at toyota for a new one, so i bought a s2000 starter button, i tried to wire it up but it wont work, am i doing somthing wrong, has anyone ever installed one of these? do i splice into the wires? there is a relay with 4 wires stickin out, and a ground on the switch i beleive ,the instructions are in japanese so i cant really understand it. thanks

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Does it work fine until you put the key to "START" position?
If so, you can just wire up the start switch directly to the starter.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Well, any instructions that came with a generic switch will not be relevant to the Supra system. Consult the TSRM to get the wiring setup and wire-colors for your year. The ignition harnesses do very at least pre/post 1990, probablly more often in the column as well.

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i did look it up, but do i splice the igntiion switch harness? or post ignition harness? i tried splicing it, i followed the instruction too, there are 4 wires, battery 12v, dunno taht one, starter coil which i think is "ST" in theTSRM, ACC is accessories, and a wire to the switch, it didnt say nothing bout the ignition wire, so is that normal for supras. i notice the supras have two wire for IGNITION,

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I wired a switch to my starter for whenever the stock alarm goes whack on me... well that didn't help any, sorry man, good luck with it... aight peace and if you do a search, its been done before... a lot of people called it rice, but it looked good where the guy mounted it to me (where the cig. lighter was) aight peace

·
Registered
948 Posts
ive got the s2k button on my 76 celica, for 53 dollars its a POS , cheappy ass plastic. the thing that got me is 2 of the 5 connections arent used, and the light has a shared connection with the button. anyway. i wired it up separate, just run a wire from the neg terminal on the starter to the switch, then from the other terminal of the switch to a positive power source (probly the starter power supply) you can bypass all the factory wireing if its to complicated and run this separate

an ignition switch for a 76 celica is a hard part to come by, so this is how i did it

·
Registered
948 Posts
hasnt yet... i wouldnt say for sure though

T

·
0 Posts
The switch should work fine without a relay. After all, you are only using the switch to operate the starter relay. So adding another relay to switch the starter relay is just redundent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts