Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I’ve noticed that periodically when I go wide-open throttle in 3rd, 4th, or 5th gears I get sporadic acceleration from about 4,500 RPM up to the redline.

It’s fairly difficult to describe exactly what happens, but here’s my best attempt.

If I go wide-open throttle while in 4th gear at approximately 3500 RPM the car will begin to accelerate normally. Then at around 4,500 RPM it feels as though the car intermittently hits the rev limiter for only a split-second then normal acceleration resumes. This process occurs several times from 4,500 RPM up to the redline.

It has been slightly colder than usual here in Los Angeles, CA… Could this be causing me to hit the boost or fuel cut? If so, is this a bad thing? What can I do to prevent it from happening in the future? By the way, my car is completely stock.

Anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

D

·
0 Posts
It sounds like fuel cut but Im having doubts since your car is BONE stock. The weather drop has also allowed me to boost stronger. When my car use to hit fuel cut I could still accelerate though it, I don't beleive it is bad for the car (someone correct me if I am wrong). Does your check engine light flash on when this happens? Do you have a boost gauge to see exactly how much boost this occurs at? I would temporarily do the FFCD mod just to check if this solves your problem.

Chris

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
also check your coil packs to see that there nice and tight also check your plugs you might need new ones or there gapped to high !
i had a sputer like this mine was due to the coil packs being loose !

V

·
0 Posts
your sputtering sounds like mis fire. check your plugs gaps, it could be too high. you should just might as well change the plugs. with stock gapping, you should not get any misfires but the cold weather may cause it. make sure all the packs are tight when you reinstall it. if you are still geting mis fires, lower your plug gap a little bit. hope this helps. im running stock gapping and never had any misfires until lately, because of the cold weather making my car run stronger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts