Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I was pulling out of my drive earlier when i cranked her she seemed to idle a bit higher than normal but i didnt worry and back out and then as soon as i start to pull off when i hit about 2000 she bogged down at first thought it was clutch but she just not firing right. i got her back into the driveway and looked her over. all plug wires are tight and everything looks ok but when i rev her to 2000 i just almost cuts off. so either i need some advice or could someone close come check her out cause this is my only car and i have an appointment tomorrow so... I'd appreciate whatever you can do for me. and btw the plugs were changed about 2 weeks ago and they have been fine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Man I could be way off but my car did something similar the other day and it turned out to be the altenator..may wanna have it checked.

Josh

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
god I hope not.... but thanks ill be able to have it checked tomorrow but not before my appointment so i was hoping if its not serious i could fix it in the morning... but hey what can ya do right?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Generally speaking if it is your alternator... Yes the car may feel like it is bogging down and about to die... but the bitch will also be dead when you try to start it back up.

Now i am by no means a mechanic but i would see first if my cat was clogged... Also your timing may be off?

Start simple

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont have cats and how do i check the timing?

ahh f it ill just search on the timing thing

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so is there anyone close who could check and/or adjust my timing cause the closest shop cant get me in till mon and i cant drive....ill even pay like 50 bux cause i need my shit runnin

·
Sexy Bitch
392 Posts
Where are you at in atlanta? I have a timing light... and its not hard to check the timing...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Drive over to the airport- I'll take a look at it.
I'm at Superior flight school, and I'll be available (on the ground) until 4pm

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i finally got a flat bed to take it to a shopi trust and apparently its a fuel problem they think ( i say they think cause they havnt started on it yet they just gave her a look over) but thanks for the replies guys

·
Turbo Member
673 Posts
Sorry to hear man... I wish I would have been in town I would have tried to help. Good luck with everything.

Also I will probably be in the Cobb this weekend hit me up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
goonie goo goo

that sucks...
maybe keda will let u borrow his bicycle haha
im planning on getting a car by the end of summer, i got promoted to dishwasher, lol, at least i get more money. u should come by sometime i can give u free food if the manager isnt there... do u have a job yet?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
what were you promoted to dishwasher from???

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so I finally got her out of the shop, first my rotor button was completely gone and then wires to the ecu were loose so they removed my afc and put electrical tape on all the wires and charged 233 and then 45 minutes later of driving she starts cutting out again first at 5 grand then at 4 then it drops to 3 ..... this sucks guys...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts