Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got the swap done in my ls400 and now the it runs great and spools awesome but under load it cuts out at about 4000 rpm like it hits a wall. It starts up great and runs great at idle and under low throttle but when i get on it and make boost it boosts great just falls on its face at about 4000 and wont go any higher. I have a 1jzgte with a single hx35 swap, 440cc injectors from jdm 2jz, 255lph fuel pump, safc2, boost is at 15psi. Any ideas on what it could be im baffled even if its rich or lean it should still go past 4000 it is an auto ecu but i have a controller for the automatic transmission so it isnt using the ecu to control it. let me know what you guys think thanks in advance

·
Happy as hell
2,000 Posts
Post in the MKIII section, there's a sub-section for the 1JZ.

Your spark plug coils might be arcing. It's not uncommon for them to have hairline cracks. If you can find the hairline cracks you can use clear nail polish to fill in the cracks. Afterward I would wrap your coil stems with 1" heat shrink. This will add a layer of insulation and make the coils less prone to arcing. I've had a similar issue before and this was my cure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts