Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need Help To ID A Turbo? ASAP

I have a Turbonetics turbo with part # T-36644 stamped on the back of the housing. Can anyone tell me what size Turbo this is and if its a Dual Ball Bearing or not? i tried to call Turbonetics directly but, they are closed for a few days.

Thanks

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it only has 2 passages in the center (for just oil) its just a journal bearing. If I has 4 passages (for oil and water) it is dual ball bearing.
I was told the dull ball bearings do not have water passages anymore and its optional?????

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not seen any DBB turbo with out waterlines, not even small T3 turbos. It is possible that turbonetics offers a DBB center without water lines. You best bet is to call turbonetics.
I tried to call them but, somehow their offices are closed from June 8th to 12th.

· Silent
2,839 Posts
That part number may not even be relevant as it is not difficult to change the bearing cartridge. If it doesn't have water passages I would be good money that it is journal bearing setup. They get just as hot as a bigger turbo.

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That part number may not even be relevant as it is not difficult to change the bearing cartridge. If it doesn't have water passages I would be good money that it is journal bearing setup. They get just as hot as a bigger turbo.
At First i was told it was a dual ball bearing which i found out it was BS and now they are saying its single bearing but, most likely its a journal bearing and was jacked an extra $700.00 but, i'm gonna a call it in on Monday and see what kinda turbo they sold me.

here is the picture i have for now.

· Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok After speaking to the Turbonetics tech support guys the Turbo the PHR claims its a 67mm Dual Ball Bearing is a 66mm Turbo with 65mm turbine & single ball bearing with .70AR.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.