Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive posted on here before about my supra and its still not running. I need your help to let me know what it is. As far as changing the parts etc i can do myself. The car does not turn over when using the key it only turns the dash lights on. Any ideas?

I rewirex the starter so that it cranks with a switch and its cranking fine but still wont start. It has a new fuel pump, filter, and fuel pump relay/fuse. I know its a gas problem because it does start when using starter fluid. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance. Also, its a 7mge stock

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
Check your fuses yet?
Starting fliuid..... wanna crack your rings? Ugg... Face Palm
Why dont you pull a spark plug wire off and see if you have spark.

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump turn on / run?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No i cant. I was thinking it was because its not cranking with the key so it wouldnt cut on the fuel pump. Maybe ignition switch?

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
Now are you sure you check the fuses in the engine and the left kick panel?
Stop using ether on it for one. Pull a plug wire and put a old spark plug on it. rest it on the block somewhere.
What brought this on? Did it work before you rewired the starter?
Give more information.

You have lost a power junction some where. Broken wire. Something not plugged in. Bad ground. You are gonna have to start searching.

Id look here first.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=IG&P=3

Heres the main manual.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/

everyone here can point you to all over your car. You are gonna have to get a meter... if you dont have one. Start reading and begin tracing and checking wires for power.
(On a side note... I have seen Fried ECUs as well.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i bought it messed up. Put in a new starter, battery, spark plugs, and fluids. I do have a meter so hopefully i can get on that tomorrow any advice on where to start?

Is there anyway to tes the ecu?

·
NO SOUP 4 U
1,683 Posts
Dont hop al over the car. If you can locate the trouble shooting section try to follow and check off as you go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts