Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all,
I have posted this on MKIV General forum but I guess I will get more help in here...

I have been looking for a 97+ White Supra TT 6sp for over 6 months and I have came across this vehicle:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...49386325678&min_price=&end_year=2007&start_ye

It seems to be a good price for a 98 6sp w/.
So now I am wondering any one from FL know anth thing about this car like any mechanical problems on this vehicle before I end up finding that out after buying this vehicle?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I don't see any VIN tags in the engine bay. It may have been hit. Check CARFAX

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JoesSupra said:
I don't see any VIN tags in the engine bay. It may have been hit. Check CARFAX
I checked the VIN on the page (if that's the matching VIN) and it does have a clean title...

·
Registered
487 Posts
And somehow you think every accident is reported?!?! Have you seen it in person? My car has a clean title and after taking it to my bodyshop the owner started listing all the areas where the car was hit and showed me the shitty welds and paint. Removing the rear bumper showed a dent in the crash bar like the previous owner backed up into a pole. Driver's rear quarter panel had 1" of bondo where it met the rear bumper, it showed up in that paint meter thingy he had. Vin tags were missing from the passenger side fender and like I said...clean title....

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,508 Posts
I agree with Marc here, there are plently of clean title cars that are out there, that have had bodywork and been in accidents. Many guys go out of pocket for small accidents b/c insurance is already high as it is for our cars, and reported accidents make the insurance premiums rise even more.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My advice is to go see the car. Check for the VIN tags (engine bay, doors, hood and hatch). Take it out for a drive. Make sure it drives straight. Check where the spare is and see if the rear quarters have been hit. If you see any bent metal with rust anywhere on the body or missing VINs, the car was probably hit. But as long as it looks good and drives well you may be able to bring the price down. Be honest with the guy. Say you are skeptical on the car's history and would he take less. Don't get there and just pay him what he wants without taking a good look at the car. A Supra can play with your mind.... :)

Good Luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOw...
You guys sure have good eyes.
I want to look at the car in person too but I just can't do it right now(please don't jump on me yet...)
I live in Canada and currently I am unable to leave the country right now.
That's why I am posting here to see if any one know this vehicle...
So I am wondering any one have seen or driven this car?

Thanks a mil...

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
X2daC said:
When I have some time tomorrow, if you want, I'll give the person a call.
I look at your posts and think you ALWAYS do EVERYTHING man! :lol:

As far as the Supra...I think its in too good shape to be going that cheap, especially for a 98.

Then again prices may have come down as I dont regularly watch the MkIV market, but a 98 TT is really something amazing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
X2daC said:
When I have some time tomorrow, if you want, I'll give the person a call.
I have gave that person a call already and he just said some comman things like the car comes with this and that, no accident(said by him) stuff like that.
So if you don't mind would you please give him a call when you are free and see if you can find out any thing?

Thanks a mill for all the help...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Orion ZyGarian said:
I look at your posts and think you ALWAYS do EVERYTHING man! :lol:

As far as the Supra...I think its in too good shape to be going that cheap, especially for a 98.

Then again prices may have come down as I dont regularly watch the MkIV market, but a 98 TT is really something amazing.
I thought so too.... Usually people are asking for $35g or above for 98s 6sp....
So if I feel suspicious at this vehicle I may just go find another one from a dealer although it is at a higher price...
But this price is pretty attractive...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts