Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
I tried jumping those two connectors in the diagnostic box under the hood, TE1 to E1, and then turned my key to ON but the MIL just stayed on, didn't flash. So I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong, or if it's just different for 97-98's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Same thing with me... I remember from my 98 that I had that the ODBI Instructions didnt work for them... I dont really feel like buying a ODBII diagnostic tool for it right now...

·
0 Posts
I have a idea for you that worked for me. Autozone keeps a OBD-II scan tool behind the counter. I just asked him if he would scan my ECU for me. He's like no problem! He hooked it up, wrote down all the codes that were in there and reset them for me in a matter of seconds. Ofcourse he tryied looking up the 02 sensors in his system to try and sell them to me but they were unavailable to him. Toyota only. I have been back 5 times. Everytime they have no problem helping me out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive already checked with them but they wont let me borrow it. Im just a little hesitant on driving the car down there without knowing what it thinks wrong with itself. The car hasnt been run since the single and everything was installed.

Scenario is that it started up fine and idled great. I let it warm up a bit... I blipped the throttle and it stumbled and stalled. I tried to start it back up and it wouldnt start. I waited maybe 5 minutes and tried again and it started fine. I let it idle and it did fine. I then blipped the throttle and it settled fine. The Check Engine light is now on though with the "!".

I suppose I could reset the ECU and see if it does it again. I have a VPC hardwired but I dont think that is it because I would think that it wouldnt idle properly if there were any problems with the connections. Any thoughts? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts