Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to see any pics that could help me remove my abs. if any of u have done it please help me out. thanks

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i smashed my car cause abs malfunction. also i like my other car because i can control the breaking in a drift. by the way my other car is a rx-7 turbo2.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=264121&highlight=abs+lock

I highly suggest you FIX the ABS rather than remove it. It's a safety feature on there for a reason, and should only be removed if it is a drag or in your case, drift car (Used ONLY for drifting, never taken on city streets). If it was malfunctioning and caused you to crash that's different and yes it can be blamed, but now you're going to remove it, not knowing if you'll ever need it again in a life or death situation. Although it's up to you, when your on the road with no ABS, the chances of surviving/not getting in an accident are much lower, and although you may get lucky, something tells me you will regret removing it. :sad:

Sorry for being such a downer, but safety features were put on our cars for a reason, and if they don't work they need to be fixed, not removed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Dude alot of MK3's (including mine) did not come with ABS from the factory. It's not like instant death if you remove it ;)

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
Yeah, I've driven a lot of cars without ABS, I drive my Corolla in the snow all the time without ABS, it's not really a big deal.

I wouldn't go to the bother of taking it off the car, since it's there to help, but I wouldn't care if mine didn't have it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Like Jeff said.

But if your really worried about the abs malfunctioning then remove the fuse.

·
smthing beautiful in life
292 Posts
Guys, how I could remove the light from the dashboard, with says 'ANTILOCK' or something. Well, it says that my ABS is not working. I don't need it and I don't wanna get into talk about 'ABS saved my life blah blah'.

Just tell me where I can find that damn sensor, 'cause I drive mine supra all the time with one light in the dashboard and it begins to drive me crazy :D Also, passengers always wonder, 'what is this amber light'? :)

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
Yo bro, PM Duane, I sent him a long time ago instructions on how to go about it and pics, hopefully he saved them, if not, PM me again after you PM him and I'll send ya pics or post em, aight peace :run:

Forget it, I found some pics, here are the pics, I will post instructions later tomorrow

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/br/BR_61.html <-- follow this to remove the actuator, then remove the front lines, the proportioning valve (blue colored) and all the lines in the front, there is a union on the lower part, leave it there cause it connects to the rear, and all the parts I circled are the parts you need to convert it over to NONABS and after that you are good to go... good luck, aight peace :run:

ps- I removed my ABS because this IS NOT my daily driven car it gets out at most twice a week and that is usually for cruising with the guys and if I do have to take it far we trailor it to the track :) , but a lot have said the ABS system is something you need and I experienced it first hand after removing my ABS last week during a cruise and the brakes locked up on me because a car slammed his brakes in front of me and I came about 2 inches from rear ending him, so take this as a caution bro... and for those that came stock without ABS, drive safe :)

·
292 Posts
Holly cow! :)

These are nice pictures! But is that for removing the whole ABS from the car? Wouldn't it be easier if I just pulled out some switch in order the amber light would go away from the dashboard?

·
292 Posts
I mean, I don't care about ABS. Now it is not working on my car, but I can't stand that light anymore...

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
quakerlt said:
Holly cow! :)

These are nice pictures! But is that for removing the whole ABS from the car? Wouldn't it be easier if I just pulled out some switch in order the amber light would go away from the dashboard?
I removed it to get rid of the weight ;) and you will have to pull the dashboard out and remove the bulb to get rid of the ABS light... aight peace :run: and I posted the pic for AWDTHIS so he can see what he needs to remove the complete ABS system... aight peace :run:

·
292 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
I removed it to get rid of the weight ;) and you will have to pull the dashboard out and remove the bulb to get rid of the ABS light... aight peace :run: and I posted the pic for AWDTHIS so he can see what he needs to remove the complete ABS system... aight peace :run:
Oki doki, thanks man ;)

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Do you know why your ABS system check light is on?
Could be as simple as a short somewhere, or a sensor that is damaged or failed. (Or just unplugged.)

Done any work to the suspension or brakes lately? Run over any debris on the road, or driven over a tree limb for example?

All it would take is cutting a wire, or unplugging a sensor to give you the check light. (There are two sensors up front, and one on the transmisison that tell the ABS computer how each front wheel, and the rear wheels are turning in relationship to each other and the car.)

I'd check for a loose wire, connection, or broken sensor first before I removed the system, or the check light in the dash.

Working ABS is a wonderful thing. Those who have removed it, generally miss it. There are a few who say they can brake better w/o it, but I just have to raise the BS flag on that statement. (It's outlawed in most forms of racing because it makes EVERYONE brake like a pro, or even better than the best drivers in the world.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts