Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might buy my friends 89 MKIII N/A with a 7mgte in it from him for dirt cheap, but it has a rough start problem. On cold start it takes a tremendous amount of time to crank over, and runs really rough for like 30 seconds, but after that the car runs fine and runs strong. Any ideas? I suspect leaking fuel pressure resulting in a loss of fuel pressure. The shop that swapped it wasnt that knowledgable with the swap, and used a stock N/A Maf, and some other stock things. Its throwing the following codes: MAF, and bad Coolant temp sensor. Ive heard that somehow supra maf's are connected to some sort of fuel pump relay? is this true? Thanks.

·
Back to boosting!
339 Posts
What about the cold start injector??? Is it even hooked up?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
animantoric said:
What about the cold start injector??? Is it even hooked up?
can you elaborate on that a lil more, Im not used to working on toyotas, mainly mitsus

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like the cold start injector. Sits in the middle of the intake manifold. Mine quit working and it makes cold starts a bitch. Only really makes a difference when the engine is really cold or has sat for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a similar problem, not sure what it is but kinda annoying. If you figure out what is going on for sure and the solution, post it please!!! :)

-impulsive03-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts