Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1jz FTW!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to start, I bought a car with rod knock and had it rebuild. New pistons (20 over), rods, bearings head and block decked and lapped and a Titan metal head gasket. I got the engine in the car last night, primes it by unpluging the coil pack then went to start it. It tried to start and then after a couple of tries it did start, idled REALLY rough around 300 rpms and i had to keep giving it gas to keep it going. then it died and now all it does is crank but wolnt fire. So today I wend over all the grounds, fuses, connections, chacked and rechecked the CPS and the timing it everying checked out except i didnt have any spark :( . An I cant for the life of me figure it out. I guess what im really asking is if anyone of the supra genuses on this board has any suggestions or answers to this problem.

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
i had a similar problem on mine, but i have an n/a it took me a while but for some odd reason it was my afm it was bad and needed to be replaced. hope that helps.

·
1jz FTW!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But a bad AFM would cause it not to rev worth shit but it should still start atleast. I performed all electrical tests on the CPS, coil pack and ignitor and it still wolnt start or even sputter. I just checked and double checked the CPS ignition and base timing. Still no luck.

·
1jz FTW!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope, fuel is fine. Its brand new, but even then bad fuel will still start the engine but it wolnt run very well. A loose ground is possible but I have checked the 2 grounds below th intake, main battery ground, engine ground by the mount. Unless there are others?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
heres a question....did you plug the wires into the coilpack in the right order? and into the cylinders in the right order?

sounds like what it is to me....

or that you fouled out the plugs with gas so bad that you need to pull them and clean them or replace them and try it again..... since you "primed the system" by pulling spark...

FYI whenever you prime the system i like to pull the EFI fuse so you dont have spark OR fuel being dumped into the system.

·
1jz FTW!
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes im positive the plug wires are in the correct sequence on the plugs and coil pack, it was a good idea though. Ill definatly check the plugs tomorrow but thanks alot for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts