Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why suddenly the door open light appear on in my '95 Supra.

I check the both doors and are correctly closed but the light is still ON.

The only thing I remember I did is take off the targa top one day but I also double check and is ok at all.

Does anybody knows what is going on in my case or what place on the door I need to go for check again?

I appreciate for any helps.

Thanks!!

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
did u press the button to turn them on while removing/installing the targa? sorry if this sounds stupid..

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mkivsoopra said:
did u press the button to turn them on while removing/installing the targa? sorry if this sounds stupid..
Sorry for my ignorance...

What button are you talking about and where does it located???

Thanks for any comments!!

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
There's a button near each light to turn them on/off. Maybe you pressed one of them... In addition, there's a rocker switch to disable the lights even when the door is open. :)

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mkivsoopra said:
There's a button near each light to turn them on/off. Maybe you pressed one of them... In addition, there's a rocker switch to disable the lights even when the door is open. :)
I really don't know where is the button for turn it on/off. I'm talking the warning light that is the red color located right bottom of the odometer showing that the doors are open. Not the regular lights.

Thanks for any help!!

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aznsporter said:
I think he is talking about the open door indicator on the dash, not the courtesy/dome lights.
That's right...

Any idea to dissable that or what do I need to check for turn off that idicator??

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm cannot look at my Supra for reference at the moment, but there should be a button somewhere in the door jam area that is pressed in when you close the door. It is possible that it is broken. If you can find it, try pressing it in a few times to see if it "frees up". Just a guess.

·
Registered
658 Posts
TooSlow said:
I'm cannot look at my Supra for reference at the moment, but there should be a button somewhere in the door jam area that is pressed in when you close the door. It is possible that it is broken. If you can find it, try pressing it in a few times to see if it "frees up". Just a guess.

bingo a known issue

·
Banned
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the hood and the trunk.

Does it has also something to press?

Thanks

·
PHR Powered Pimp Moderator
1,212 Posts
just pull out the light if you cant figure it out. that should fix it.:D