Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from my two week vacation and when i went to go start my car it wouldnt start. The car cranks over fine so i doubt its the starter but it wont fire over im also smelling a nice amount of fuel to when i start it. I went to diagnose it and i got codes 12 and 41. Do any of you guys have any suggestion on what the problem could be. btw the car is an 88 five speed turbo. Thanx in advance.

·
FMOS Racing
152 Posts
Code 41 looks like a TPS code (throttle position sensor). You mentioned that you smell fuel, so that should mean that you have an injector signal.

Have you checked to see if you have spark or not? You said that the car has been sitting for a bit, so you may have some oil down in the spark pulg tubes which will gove you trouble with ignition.

If it was me, I would start by checking ALL of the fuses (SOP) and then move on to the TPS (check the voltage and range) and then on to whether or not you have spark. If you dont have spark, check your cam and crank position sensors, and on from there.
Good luck

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've had an igniter die spontaneously... you might want to check that too - if you have a friend with a working mkiii just swap his igniter into your car and try to start.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts