Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished building my 7mgte and I need some help wiring it in. I have tried and failed many times and its been sitting for a week now. I'm willing to pay someone with cash or beer if they can come and help a fellow member out. I have followed the supercharged website as best I could. And I still can't get spark it would be best if you brought your own tools that would be needed because i might not have everything you need. I'm off weekday and Thursday every week so if you need a extra hundred or so dollars please pm me if you can knock this out in a day or two. I want to have this running by the end of the month.

Thanks, E.M

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Can you point me to the wiring setup you are following?and whatvscematics from the 240 are u using? From what I know off handthe power setup from the 240 is fairly straightforward. On the 7m side....the black and orange and black and yellow as well as black and red needs the power. Black and orange wires needs ignition power so that it Can fire up the injectors as we'll as the coil packs for the ignition.

Where in norcal are you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried to follow that guide as best I can, i can't see the spark arcing when I pull a plug. So something somewhere is wrong. Only thing I have not tried is using the circuit opening relay, only because I'm not sure which pins are what.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I have tried to follow that guide as best I can, i can't see the spark arcing when I pull a plug. So something somewhere is wrong. Only thing I have not tried is using the circuit opening relay, only because I'm not sure which pins are what.

Remember, in the 7m ecu, power gets in two ways.
One via the fuse box ( connector near fusebox ) and another controlled at usually under the dash.

What year harness and ecu are you using? that's also a difference maker due to # of pins and locations on connectors. there is pre 88 , then 89/90 - then 91/92 years.

Also you got pictures of plugs / wires you've altready wired? IF you are not getting spark, then you are not getting power into the black/orange power wires. turn on the ignition and see if you have a constant 12 volt at the ignitor power wire. if you don't give it temporary power and see what it does.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The harness is from a 88 the ecu im not sure but I believe its a 52 pin so 88-89. And I will give that a try after I get done riding we are doing a in action photoshoot today. I have all my 12 volt wires marked on the z harness so when I get home I will put some connectors on the ends and hook them up and see how it goes. I will post the results later tonight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried what you said and everything if I checked the wires right has power. With this motor can u see the spark? I read somewhere that if it runs a certain voltage you won't b able to see it. I don't want to do the touch and hold method to check it. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I still havn't got this thing to fire yet. Im thinking that the coil packs,cps,and or ignitor is bad. I did however manage to get oil pressure and oil all over my garage floor. Havnt been working on it a lot due to this fun ass motorcycle. if anyone knows how to test said parts id be willing to take the to you and either bench test them or test them on your car. Let me know im avail next week wensday and thursday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts