Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory fuel harness was hacked by a friend who shouldnt have touched my car. The whole harness is basically gone so i want/need to wire the pumps right to the AEM.
dual pumps, single car. Please do post what you can as i would love to do this right the first time.
Thanks in advance!

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
It depends a lot on how you want the dual pumps to come on. Were they designed to both be run at once, or run on just one until boost comes on, then kick the 2nd one on? Assuming you're running them stged, in your ECU settings, see what output is supposed to turn on the 2nd pump. Then track down which pin that output is connected to.

If you're hoping to eliminate the fuel pump controller, you'll want to run the pumps off two relays. The relay will go directly to the battery, but will likely be triggered off the low side output from the AEM (check wiring diagram though to make sure). Also, if you check out the AEM forums, I know there's a ton of posts on the topic of wiring and setting up fuel pump control.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ide like to do staged if its proven....
I basically have both pumps installed and wire leads off the top of the tank. Everything else has been hacked.
The relays need to be put right off the tank?
Please do let me know.
Also using the ports on the AEM...are you saying cut into the harness using the port that is available and go from there?
Thanks

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
Most people prefer staged if they have a controller to do it. And the AEM definitely has that capability. I've seen people turn them on three ways. 1) When TPS is over XX% (say 75?) then the 2nd pump turns on. 2) When boost pressure is over 1 psi the 2nd pump turns on. 3) Combination of both #1 and #2.

You could put the relays just about anywhere. They could be right next to the fuel tank, they could be right near the battery, or you may choose to locate them near the AEM itself. Either way, you'll want to have the high power input to the relay come straight off the battery. The high power output will go to the +12v on the pump. The low power input could come from either the battery (jump from the high power input), or something that gets +12v when the key is turned on (and stays on while cranking!). The ground pin to activate the relay is likely what should go to the AEM (if you're using a low-side driver).

I honestly can't remember how the AEM triggers the fuel pump in stock configuration, so you'll want to check that out before wiring it up. It could give a +12v output to turn on the main pump. If it does, you would run that to the low power input of the relay, then ground the other low-power side of it.

A picture would be 100x better for helping you out. I'm sure there's a few posted on the AEM Supra forum though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts