Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to do a 1j swap into my mk3 supra (n/a, hks exhaust, AND NOTHING ELSE!!) but i dont know much about an engine swap so i'm looking for guys (and girls) in the bay area who want to help me out with the 1jz swap. i probably wont be doing it anytime soon but i just want to know if anyone can help me out later in the future. i'm doing this cuz i want to learn more about supras and cars in general (but mostly about supras hahah) and anyone know where i can find a good halfcut of a 1jz? i'm looking at jarco or driftmotion but they are pretty pricey. i found a 1jz at flashoptions for 1700 but i dont know if they are good or not so i need help hahah

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
check with venus in sacramento, I got mine for $2000, and didnt have to pay shipping since i could just pick it up.

~scott

·
that twin 2jz guy
2,595 Posts
aznwaterboy said:
i plan to do a 1j swap into my mk3 supra (n/a, hks exhaust, AND NOTHING ELSE!!) but i dont know much about an engine swap so i'm looking for guys (and girls) in the bay area who want to help me out with the 1jz swap. i probably wont be doing it anytime soon but i just want to know if anyone can help me out later in the future. i'm doing this cuz i want to learn more about supras and cars in general (but mostly about supras hahah) and anyone know where i can find a good halfcut of a 1jz? i'm looking at jarco or driftmotion but they are pretty pricey. i found a 1jz at flashoptions for 1700 but i dont know if they are good or not so i need help hahah
yeah venus motor sports in sacramento.. 916-386-2286... i got my full clip for $1600.00.. oh yeah if u want i would be able to do ur swap... i am in sac.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Azn
I got a complet 1jzgte (ecu and wiring harnest) with manual tranny($1500)
I was gana used this on my mk3 88, but i dont have anymore space for my supra so i sold the supra and keep the motor.
If u have a 89 and up its a easy swap, but u have a 88 like me u need a modifie ur motor mount
(e-mail if ur intrested) [email protected]

·
Banned
342 Posts
So how much for a complete front clip,complete engine, and labor at venus motor sports? and do you know how long it'll take? im looking for the same thing and i just wanna shop around and see whos cheaper and which shops have better reps and who has more skilled mechanics.(for 89-92 mkiii) that is

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
well ill tell u what i did, all the mechanical shit myself, and had a member here help with body wiring. Basically i spent 2 months, (like 80 hrs) on the swap, and had an experienced member do body wiring for me. Its the best way to go IMHO.

~scott

·
Banned
342 Posts
Thats the whole thing i dont have the time or space or proper tools to do a swap at my house. i'd rather have professionals do it than my dumbass, i wouldnt want to fuck up what could be a very beautiful and powerful thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts