Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need some help i have a 6 speed and it is making some terrible noises(not just the lightwieght flywheel chatter but louder). It does have a fidenza light weight flywheel and an rps stage 2 clutch. I was having clutch problems and replaced my mastercylinder and now it sounds like i have a huge exhaust leak like noise with tons of vibration. What do you guys think it is? When i push in the clutch it goes away the vibration and noise so I know its something to do with the clutch. Im just asking to see if anyone else has had this problem and found out what it is thanks david

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i think i figured it out i put a trd trans brace on and i think that is what is causing all the vibration if anyone could confirm this i would appreciate it.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
TRD tans brace? What is that? Do you by any chance mean TRD tranny mount?

Now if I am not mistaken if the noise goes away when you push the clutch in that would be a throwout bearing. I don't think it is the other way around, but I don't remember for sure anymore. The exhaust leak sound, I have no clue.

Alex

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry thats what i ment to call it i had a brain fart. thanks for the info alex

·
Registered
837 Posts
try having an OSG triple plate & flywheel. i swear it sounds like the supra is about to fall apart from the chattering - even when it's engaged - if the car is under 3k rpm it chatters

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
the very first thing i would do is check to see that all of the bolts are in place arround the bellhousing and mount area , double check your trans mount , even get under the car while someone presses and releases the pedal

·
Registered
237 Posts
ever get his solved?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts