Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my buddy is driving around his 1jz supra, t61 turbo kit, with emanage blue and e01. The problem that he explains to me is that the turbo spools fully, BOV works like normal except he's not getting any power. e01 reads 16psi boost but the car does not move anywhere. *note i am 1000 miles from the car so i havent had the chance to look at it*

No check engine lights
No IC leaks

I just want to give him some more ideas about what could be wrong with the car before I fly out there to look. I dont know if ive overlooked anything for him to check, so if you guys have any ideas feel free to make them.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
You would notice spark plug gap, it would studder. you would aso notice MAP sensor, it wouldn't boost to 16psi without violently misfiring.

Now, was his car fast before this? like is this just recently it has no power? Or has it never had power?

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ohh the car was very fast before this. He said he just turned it on one day and it would read boost but the car wouldnt go anywhere.

1jz-power: Already had him check the map sensor hose cause that happened to me too =]. Everything seems to be working fine, but i honestly think its the map sensor also. When I get there Im gonna source all the wiring under the dash and check if its working correctly. I had him check codes and he had none, then I had him disconnect the MAP and it gave me a MAP code so i know its working.... Or, i dont know how the ECU works so i dont know if it just reads for a B+ signal from the MAP or it makes sure that everything is functioning properly. Either way he said there was no IC leaks, had him check the MAP, wiring, everything looks good. When I get there im gonna check the Plugs to make suer they're all gapped correctly and of the right color. I think the ECU could also be pulling timing like crazy once he boosts, im not really sure though cause im not there. He has only explained to me that the car is normal under daily driving, but when he tries to boost the turbo spools like normal except "im driving a honda civic". So i guess its not working. The best way I would describe it is one of the IC hoses has came off.... but when i listened to his car over the phone I heard the BOV and it was working normally, so i dont think its a IC leak.

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts