Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wheel Whore
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a slight leak from this bolt that plugs I believe, the 2nd turbo oil port.
It is a fairly long bolt that plugs it and there is a long bolt in its place, all the way in with some sealant. I thought this would work but do you guys know exactly what bolt to use or the part number? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a small picture.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Nope, just make sure the bolt you get is suitable for the job, and that you use new copper washers. Try to get a bolt that is threaded all the way, or has a really short shoulder, otherwise the copper washer won't squish. The bolt also has to be kind of short (you might have to cut one, and depending on how the cut goes, go over it with a die). If the bolt is too long, you can stack a few (2-3) of the washers together, but just remember to keep turning the bolt until you feel all of them deform.

In any case, if you cannot find anything locally, you can order, from summitracing or americanstreetrod.com, a 12x1.25 -> -6an adapter, and then a -6an cap, but after shipping and stuff it'd run you like $20. If you go this route, use a copper washer from the parts store, and not the washer/o-ring that comes with the adapter.

Shiva

1 - 5 of 5 Posts