Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a total noob question but...

How do you use an engine stand? you got those 4 mounting thing coming off it. I take it i have to adjust them manually. Does anyone have a picture of the connection of a 7m on an engine stand? Does it hook up to where the tranny bolts up to?

I also figure I gotta get some bolts for this. Is using the regular tranny-to-engine bolts a bad idea?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hah, you know what? I have the same question :) I know they mate to the tranny bolt holes, however I also don't know wether the stock bolts can be used?

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
usually you use the stock bolts, I had to rotate the mounts on the stand just right to get 4 bolts in it

·
Registered
393 Posts
well on my stand the bolts were to short and i ran to the store and got some longer ones and just screwed them into the tranny mounts 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. no problems :b

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
make sure the bolts are atelast grade 6, the 7m is a pretty heavy engine, and last thing you want is it falling off and cracking/breaking somehting

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
depending on the stand, usually the tranny housing bolts that mate with the block will work. Some stands though have too big of holes, and so your gonna need to use big washer with the tranny bolts.

Just move the 4 points in an X pattern and bolt it to 4 corners of the block

btw I have used the tranny bolts to hold up my engine on the stand and i have used a huge breaker bar to get the crankpully bolt of...the engine saged down a little, but the crank pully bolt came out easily....just make sure all 4 bolts are there and everything is tight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts