Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RSP fetish #23 GTR driver
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I've never waxed my car before. What would you recommend? Where do I get the wax? Are there any specific steps to follow? Is there a write-up on this?
My car is black and I'm afraid I can do something wrong and damage the paint. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chris.

·
Hayai Kuruma!
1,357 Posts
first of all i highly recommend a clay bar to remove that orange peel feel on ur body! As for wax i used zaino and imho they are the best wax out there!!! Your body paint will feel like a brand new car, silky smooth!!!
to buy a clay bar, i highly recommend going to this website: www.autogeek.net !!!
buy the wolfgang clay bar and finish it off with zaino wax purchased on www.zaino.com or try researching for zaino if the website doesn't work! i'm an exterior buff myself and trust me the results will leave u with a big smile :D
for more help just pm me, hope it helps
p.s. clay bar is so damn easy to use !!!
1st use dawn to remove previous wax residue that's on ur paint already
then use the clay bar and finish it off with zaino wax!

·
ex BPU'er
5,096 Posts
bumping this from the grave because I, too, isn't as experienced with working with exterior. I mean I wash the car on average once every 1-1/2 weeks, driving her lightly in between. Searching doesn't help as it seems like people know HOW to do it and answers are just brand recommendations instead. Anyone know how to properly sand/polish, claybar etc? Any good websites? Step by step process( ie. wash, then claybar, then wax)?

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
check out the Sonus website. For clay bar, they also sell a spray that acts as a lube for the clay bar which I think is a good idea. I've researched for a couple months now since my car is getting fresh paint and clear, so I think Sonus is the best out there especially for the money. Of course I'll report back when I use the products on my car and post pics, etc.. it'll be hard to tell any difference since it is brand new paint, but I'm also worried about how easy it is to apply and wipe off.

For those inexperienced, I wouldn't recommend using a buffer like porter cable or something similar because you can screw up your clear coat if you don't know what you're doing. I myself have a professional detailer and he comes by the shop whenever needed.

·
ex BPU'er
5,096 Posts
check out the Sonus website. For clay bar, they also sell a spray that acts as a lube for the clay bar which I think is a good idea. I've researched for a couple months now since my car is getting fresh paint and clear, so I think Sonus is the best out there especially for the money. Of course I'll report back when I use the products on my car and post pics, etc.. it'll be hard to tell any difference since it is brand new paint, but I'm also worried about how easy it is to apply and wipe off.

For those inexperienced, I wouldn't recommend using a buffer like porter cable or something similar because you can screw up your clear coat if you don't know what you're doing. I myself have a professional detailer and he comes by the shop whenever needed.
that is me

Any good detailing kits I can buy?

any of these good? http://sonus-usa.com/detailing-kits.html

what should I buy from Zaino? They seem to have good instructions how to do stuff

·
93 Hardtopper
834 Posts
I just used the www.autopia.org site to find someone to come to my house and detail a couple of cars. If you are like me and dont want to screw things up and dont have a lot of free time that maybe the way to go.

·
SuprahFly
450 Posts
Meguiras 3- step kit. Paint cleaner, Polish, Then wax. Took all the swirl marks out of my car and it looks bran-new! I have tried a lot of different wax's this by far gave me the best results. Clay bar works pretty good as well.

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
if you read through autopia forums it's almost like they are completely sponsored by Sonus because you see Sonuns products everywhere lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts