Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals,
I'm trying to finish the single Turbo install and want to badly clean up the engine bay because of all the vacuum lines and junk that was left over. Can any of you people help verify what I can take off?

Is that a direct intake manifold pressure line? Can I remove the 2 diaphrams? Is the breather suppose to be in there? Can I remove the box with the big arrow pointing to it?

Can I remove the canister? I think this is some kind of Emissions device. Are those lines considered vacuum lines or pressure lines from the manifold?

The unused harness plugs that went into the Twin Turbos can I cut those off? I don't plan on going twin stocks again.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Hope you guys can help so I can finish all the stuff today. THANKS

·
Registered
593 Posts

In this first picture, that is the EGR system, which can be removed off the intake manifold but you will have to get EGR block off plates to cover the 2 holes. (1 on the intake manifold and 1 on the head, and buy new egr gaskets from toyota, everything can be bought pretty cheap. The arrow pointing to the right side of the intake manifold closest to the throttle body is a pressure source for the power steering pump.

In this picture that is the charcoal canister for emissions, for gas fumes etc. You can just leave this or there is a write up in "FAQ" section here on the forums on how to remove it..

Yes you can cut these harness plugs or i just put electrical tape over them and tucked them neatly underneath the sparkplug cover.

I hope this helps Peter. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Ctwins,
This totally helps. I'll just get the lines plugged up for now so it may run properly. I'll look for the EGR block off plates. I guess I'll do the timing belt, valve seals and stuff all done by a mechanic when I get the car rolling again.

I finally fired up the car after a 2 year period on lifts. Glad it still works.

Thanks again for your input!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
nsxpowered said:
Hey Ctwins,
This totally helps. I'll just get the lines plugged up for now so it may run properly. I'll look for the EGR block off plates. I guess I'll do the timing belt, valve seals and stuff all done by a mechanic when I get the car rolling again.

I finally fired up the car after a 2 year period on lifts. Glad it still works.

Thanks again for your input!!!
np. :)
you might have to put the EGR system back for the time being, cuz if you plug up the vaccum lines, it may throw a check engine light.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Hey Peter, glad to see you got the car back up and running again. You still living in SD? We should hang out sometime so I can check out the ride.

Chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I live in Tustin Ranch now near Irvine for work. I come down to SD from time to time. I'll contact you when I setup my next party at my house in SD.

I'm only started working on the supra because my customer got into a bind with his bodyshop and this forces me to finish my own car.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
instead of block off plates, i threaded the holes with a 5/8 NPT i think and plugged it...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Smaay said:
instead of block off plates, i threaded the holes with a 5/8 NPT i think and plugged it...

That may work on the intake manifold. I dont think you can do that on the head though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts