Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does any one out have or had a set of intrax ix ars coilovers ? cause i just got a set and put them on and they feel like shit every bump i hit is magnified by like 10x any help on how to set them up would really help and i havent had it aligned yet but i didnt think that would help any thanks . david

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had a set. They were firmer than stock, but not harsh. Do you have the car lowered so much that they're bottoming out?

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
intax

i might have them to low but i dont know for sure when i got them the guy had the back pillowball mounts on the fronts and viseversa so i didnt see any difference in the spings they all said 310-50-100 so i dont know if these springs are all made for the front or the rear or what ? but i reajusted the spings and made the rears an inch taller and the fronts an inch lower and it rides a little better but the front tire is even with the fender and the rears are 2 inches from the fender so it looks like a nova now i dont know this is the first time dealing with coilovers i guess i should have just bought now ones ! thanks and any other help would be helpful .

·
Registered
513 Posts
Re: intax

ovey1 said:
i might have them to low but i dont know for sure when i got them the guy had the back pillowball mounts on the fronts and viseversa so i didnt see any difference in the spings they all said 310-50-100 so i dont know if these springs are all made for the front or the rear or what ? but i reajusted the spings and made the rears an inch taller and the fronts an inch lower and it rides a little better but the front tire is even with the fender and the rears are 2 inches from the fender so it looks like a nova now i dont know this is the first time dealing with coilovers i guess i should have just bought now ones ! thanks and any other help would be helpful .
They came with progressive springs that strangely had the same rates for the front and back. I called the vendor and Intrax when I got mine, and both said they were supposed to be like that. Even though it seems like the car would oversteer badly with that kind of a setup, the worked ok, but I replaced them with other springs because they were too soft for track use.

If you don't have any gap between the front tire and the fender, you're too low and you're probably bottoming them out and/or causing the front tire to hit the top of the fender, causing the harsh ride. If the tire is rubbing the top of the fender liner it will quickly expose and wear through a wiring harness that runs above the fender liner. Try raising it up about and inch (8 turns on the lower perch) and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
intrax

thanks for your help eric i will try to raise the front , and i thought that was kind of wierd how they all had the same spings i think i might just go with something else like some hks or tiens thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts