Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner of my car did some funky stuff with the vacuum hoses. Everything is jacked... I'm trying to just restore things to stock so I can redo the mods I want correctly. I'm having difficulty figuring out where one of the hoses should connect to. I've referred to the underhood hose diagram and every tech article I could find so please don't point me at those.

Specifically, the first hard vacuum hose that connects to the elbow of the front air pipe. According to the underhood diagram it goes back and connects to an actuator. It also tees off into another hard hose and goes accross the engine bay to a pressure tank near the EGR valve. I am unable to connect the vacumm hose from that tee to the hard pipe that crosses the bay to the pressure tank. I can't find that crossing hard pipe, and everything back there is just buried.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Is there an easy or at least doable way to access and figure out the vacumm hose configuration way back there behind the second turbo? Does anyone in the Bay Area want to help or maybe provide a stock MKIV for me to reference? HELP!!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i can take some pics if you want of my motor from different angles would this help!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RanGer498, that would be great. If you can get as many shots as possible of the area around and behind the second turbo, and in front of the first turbo. Some overall, and closeup pics would be a big help. Just email them to [email protected]. Thanks!

·
10,459 Posts
il take some in about 2hours and email them to you ok!
Dev said:
RanGer498, that would be great. If you can get as many shots as possible of the area around and behind the second turbo, and in front of the first turbo. Some overall, and closeup pics would be a big help. Just email them to [email protected]. Thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ruup2it said:
The T to the pressure tank is a hard pipe that's near the fire wall, this hard pipe runs on top of the engine along with three other pipes in a bundle, and then in to the crotch looking part of the pressure manifold. Chances are if you can't get to this T, the previous owner didn't either, but very hard to see and check if you've never had it pointed out to you. Hopefully he didn't get to this pipe because I heard the pressure tank is very important to the turbos.
The reason I would know this is because I had to get to this T in order to install my EVC IV.
ruup2it, if I understand you correctly, this is exactly the hard pipe that has been re-routed. The previous owner rigged an EVC into it also. I'm just trying to remove the EVC and restore everything back to stock.

So from the crotch part of the pressue manifold this hard pipe runs back into the second turbo actuator. It also tees off to the pressure tank. Where exactly does the T connect to? I assume it's another hard pipe on the firewall that runs over to the tank. Thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're the man RanGer498! I'll look for the pics.

Thanks ruup2it. I did have to read that a few times, but I think I got what you are trying to say. :)

The previous owner connected the EVC directly into that T that goes to the pressure tank. I suppose there is no line going to the pressure tank anymore (which is bad apparently). If I remove the EVC, I am left with that T, but no place to connect it to. I can't see any pipe along the firewall that it looks like it would connect to... If you know off hand or can take a pic of where that T connects to that would be a huge help.

·
10,459 Posts
you have a zip mail !:)

·
10,459 Posts
dev you need anotjer email as the one youhvae keeps refusing the zip files and the files are smalere than 1.5 mb

1 - 9 of 9 Posts