Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says.. wondering if anyone near Lynnwood, WA has installed an s-afc II and would like to come help me out; or maybe give me a list of everything I need.

I am not sure If I want to solder together the connections or not; and I don't really want to rip(cut) into the ecu without atleast having someone there either a) with me or b) doing it for me :D

This is for an MKIII install; just in case that matters to anyone.

Thanks!
~Kyle

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
Disced said:
As title says.. wondering if anyone near Lynnwood, WA has installed an s-afc II and would like to come help me out; or maybe give me a list of everything I need.

I am not sure If I want to solder together the connections or not; and I don't really want to rip(cut) into the ecu without atleast having someone there either a) with me or b) doing it for me :D

This is for an MKIII install; just in case that matters to anyone.

Thanks!
~Kyle

I would suggest going to a shop and paying them for the install if you are unsure of your capabilities.

·
Search
3,305 Posts
Yes, solder.

Where's lynnwood? I can show you how to do it correctly if its not on the other side of the state :)

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
If you know what wires to cut/splice I might be able to lend a hand. I installed the SAFC on my 2 MKIV's. I'm on the other side of Mill Creek.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have all of the diagrams printed out and sitting here; so I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to read them...

Also, I am good @ soldering since I have that coldheat thing that you see on TV! The thing that is instantly cold when you touch it... hehehehe; I figured I would buy it since a lot of my wires are older and need to be cut, lengthened, and then soldered back together.

I've just done random things that I thought at the time were right but then when someone else looked at it noticed i was messing it up. :D

Thanks for all of the replies on helping me install it; I believe I have time this saturday if anyone feels up to the challenge. I'm not old enough to buy beer but I can get it if you like!

I will know tomorrow about when I am free, officially. So if any of you have spare time, a couple hours at MOST, I'm hoping. Just post here~

Thanks a bunch!

EdiT::
I can get you pizza though; Pizza Hut Pizzza.

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha Stu. No worries.

No; I didn't get it installed. However, I think when my friend gets home from tennessee, I am going to have him help me.... I am also considering waiting until I get the money for my wideband + datalogging so I don't have to open it up and cut into it again...

So all in all; I may be waiting a couple weeks until I can pull in the funds. But, I will definately post up and see if anyone can spare the time once I get everything..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts