Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some pics (I know, they look like shit). I'm in the middle of the SOGI short shift mod, but I see nothing that looks like this "Seat" as its called. Can anyone tell me where this thing goes? It's in the pic with the Shifter. Does it go on the Shifter itself or into the Hole of the Tranny?

Part # - 33505-35020 SEAT

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
it goes on the ledge between the little nubs and ledge in the shifter hole...

you kinda have to squeeze it to fit in there... and the white bushing goes on the bottom of the shifter..

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks =)
I dunno if you can tell by the pics, but its not their to begin with. I was kinda thinking thats where it went, but wasnt positive.
=)

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, I think I got this right. Stuck it in their, is that where its supposed to go? It's circled.

I wonder if this part being their, as it wasnt before, would just by itself change the way the shifter feels.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yes. make sure you remove all traces of the old one and clean thoroughly. lube the gasket with some oil also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
yeah there wasn't an old one there (except for maybe the black ring) cause they all fall apart. from what i can tell in that blurry pic, it looks like you have it in there right. This will help the 'wobble' in the shifter when it's assembled and take out a lot of the mechanical tapping noises that usually come about from doing the SOGI SS mod.......

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, I put the new one in place and when I put the shifter back in, it was stiff, like, REALLY fuckin stiff like it wouldnt move between gears. So I finished the mod and wound up not using the $11 Seat (Dealer prices, bah!) or the new Bushing and it shifts great, no Vibration or Sound comming from the shifter as most people say happens. I dunno why the Seat made it so damn stiff though, its as if it isnt supposed to be their at all.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, lube.... :wackit:

What kinda oil/grease should I use exactly?

·
ODS
847 Posts
The black ring is what you need to take out, it will be a rubber ring (exactly like the rubber ring on the bottom of the new green gasket you purchased)...

Take that black ring out, put the new one in, put the white bushing on the lower tip of the shifter and tap it on something so it slides onto the ball on the tip... Then put it all together, it will feel alot stiffer afterward...

SMo'

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Are there any short shit KITS for sale at reasonable prices?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts