Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys, i hate the fact that the search is down or else i would be asking these questions.

1) i have ARP studs, so Could i take my valve covers off, and take out one stock head bolt, and replace it with the arp stud. of course for all of them, but just take them out one by one and replacing them at the same time?

2) i have a 7mgte, Would switching the exhaust side cams with N/A cams make a difference at all?

3) i remember reading a while back that we can switch our valve springs with SBC springs because they are a little stiffer, i also remember someone posting part number for them.

4) last question, whats is the part number for stock bearings on a 88 7mgte.

Any help is appreciated, i know some are stupid questions, but i know i read this stuff before i just need to make sure.

thnx

-saif

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
1) no, won't work as there will be gunk in the bottom of the holes in the block that has to be cleaned out with a blind tap for the studs to seat correctly

2) no, it's a myth, toyota put the turbo cams in for a reason, if they would have worked well, they won't have made 2 different grinds, think profits here!

3) yeeep, I got em on my head right now, they're LONG though and a machine shop is gonna look at you funny (or you can have fun putting them in), the part number is CCA-975-12 and you'll need 2 sets of them (they're $30.99 each through Summit)

4) part numbers where determined by the tolerances on the block/crank and crank/rod. there is a number on each one that you use to get the number for the bearing by using the TSRM.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) no, won't work as there will be gunk in the bottom of the holes in the block that has to be cleaned out with a blind tap for the studs to seat correctly

2) no, it's a myth, toyota put the turbo cams in for a reason, if they would have worked well, they won't have made 2 different grinds, think profits here!

3) yeeep, I got em on my head right now, they're LONG though and a machine shop is gonna look at you funny (or you can have fun putting them in), the part number is CCA-975-12 and you'll need 2 sets of them (they're $30.99 each through Summit)

4) part numbers where determined by the tolerances on the block/crank and crank/rod. there is a number on each one that you use to get the number for the bearing by using the TSRM.
Thnx alot for your help, i appreciate it, the only reason im trying to get part number for the bearing is because i just wanted to know if my motor has been rebuilt before or not, so i know the exact size bearing im trying to get. but thnx alot, great help

-saif

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
ont he back fo the bearing there SHOULD be a number... it will corrispond with the numbders I mentioned (it's all in the TSRM...)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts