Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got the manifold and turbos off of my car. Now I'm down to the easy part. What do I do with all the hoses circled in the pics and all those extra wiring harnesses. If anyone could also tell me where the hoses for my blitz dsbc connect to and the hoses on the turbonetics wastegate I'd really appreciate it too.

Here's a pic of my engine bay now. :)

·
0 Posts
Ok the 2 lil hoses on the first pic up top, IGNORE, just pull one off and run the run them into eachother, they go too the pressure tank and have no purpose any more.

When i put my T78 in i just caped it off using a heavy duty Coolant Cap or plug. the wires and such i just tied up out of the way to make it look nice n clean, if your turbo is water cooled (have no clue) then you may need to reuse that line in the back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks 94 SupraTT. Do you know about that metal line in the first pic? Do I just cap off both ends because I saw in another single turbo install photo where it looked like it was being used.

Sup Alan, I got the rps kit with a polished SP63 turbo .58 a/r. I am going to be running on the stock fuel system for about a month, I need to scrounge up a little more money, then I'm going to get a fuel system. When I get a fuel system, I'll probably change to a .70 a/r. When are you going to be in town again so we can get this little meet going. I know a few more guys that are interested.

Thanks Arnout, I actually did read over your page a few times, it helped me out a lot, thanks for the great write up.

·
0 Posts
No if im correct that upper hard line goes to your Idle Air Controll Valve and you should have a port on the intake for the new turbo that will fit that. the two smaller aluminium lines go to your pressure tank and are part of the Sequential system which of course you have taken out, so there is no need for it.

J

·
0 Posts
what do you do with all the harness connection in the first picture?

·
0 Posts
Jackmoves said:
what do you do with all the harness connection in the first picture?
I just zip tied them up out of the way and out of site! :) makes it possible to go back to stock twins if you ever wanted too. most of those plugs will go to nothing now since they used to go too the VSV assy's which have been removed, but one or two of them goo too your O2 and maybe something else, trying too remember.

honestly i wouldnt remove them from the car, just tie em up and hide them as best as you can

·
Registered
36 Posts
Excellent choice Tom! I'm actually gonna be home this weekend to visit the folks. It sounds as though you're gonna be finished the install by the end of this week. Maybe I'll drop by to see it. BTW, how long has the install taken you? I'm looking to do the same thing soon...

Alan

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Send me an email to [email protected] and i'll email you my number so you can check out the car. On saturday, me and the two other guys (Lenny and Rico) with white supras are probably gonna check out this little car meet if you want to roll out there with us. But anyway, it took me about two hours to get down to the turbos with the heat shield off and the downpipe off working by myself. Then I spent like an hour and a half trying to dremel off the third bolt off of the EGCV because it was in a tight spot, I don't know how everyone gets it off but if I knew it would have cut down the time a lot. Then I spent about an hour getting all the bolts off the manifold. It's really not hard if you DON'T run into any unexpected problems but that never happens. Let me know when you get a single.
aorbeta said:
Excellent choice Tom! I'm actually gonna be home this weekend to visit the folks. It sounds as though you're gonna be finished the install by the end of this week. Maybe I'll drop by to see it. BTW, how long has the install taken you? I'm looking to do the same thing soon...

Alan

·
Registered
182 Posts
Tom
When I installed my SP57 I called Larry and he told me to reconnect the VSV's and tuck them out of the way somewhere. Just find the 2 VSV's off the old turbo assembly and plug them back into the two harnesses (the ones you show in the picture above). I believe this helps avoid check engine lights and such.
As far as the idle air control valve, my kit came with a K&N filter to stick right on the hole left when you remove that metal pipe.
Josh

·
0 Posts
Keller said:
Tom
When I installed my SP57 I called Larry and he told me to reconnect the VSV's and tuck them out of the way somewhere. Just find the 2 VSV's off the old turbo assembly and plug them back into the two harnesses (the ones you show in the picture above). I believe this helps avoid check engine lights and such.
As far as the idle air control valve, my kit came with a K&N filter to stick right on the hole left when you remove that metal pipe.
Josh
i ran without my VSV's for MONTHs no prob, dont know why you would need them. Im running without them right now (True Twin simply removed all that stuff)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are you OBDI or OBD II?
I believe I was advised to do so because OBDII looks at more data parameters and causes a check engine light.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, in the 4th pic, i now know that since i'm using the stock maf i have to run a hose to the intake pipe from that hose. but there is a little metal nipple that is on there and i'm not sure what to do with it, do i just cap it off?

·
0 Posts
Tommy Nim said:
ok, in the 4th pic, i now know that since i'm using the stock maf i have to run a hose to the intake pipe from that hose. but there is a little metal nipple that is on there and i'm not sure what to do with it, do i just cap it off?

its just manifold reference, i would run it too your BOV

·
0 Posts
Keller said:
Are you OBDI or OBD II?
I believe I was advised to do so because OBDII looks at more data parameters and causes a check engine light.
i was runnin OBD1, but my car now is OBDI or OBDII i ran both ecu's NO PROB i cant see why the VSV's would cause any check engine codes or anthing if you think about it what do they do they control boost and sequential operations. well, if you over boost youll hig fuel cut, if you have a problem with the Sequential system you WILL know it quick. Like i said my car right now has a 98 ECU in it and none of those VSV's are hooked up, no check engine codes or anything! :)

Just tryin to figure out why Lar would have you hook em back up?
Does he ever visit the Tech section?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts