Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so frustrated right now i cant think straight and i need to know exactly how to get the top bolt off of the starter, ive tried everything i can think off and i cant get it off so if someone can tell me before i shoot myself it would be most appreciated:mad:

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
Take off the driveshaft and rear tranny mount. Let the tranny drop. You may have to take of rad fan if it hits the radiator (I've always taken mine off just in case) Get someone to put a boxed end on the nut. get a ratchet with about 2' of extensions and a universal. Get onto the top bolt from the rear of the tranny between tranny and driver's side of the tranny tunnel. I've found this to be the easiest and quickest way.

·
2,279 Posts
Unbolt the trany support and let it tilt down. Now just use a universal on an extention and lots of cuss words. You'll get it eventualy.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
Racefiend said:
Take off the driveshaft and rear tranny mount. Let the tranny drop. You may have to take of rad fan if it hits the radiator (I've always taken mine off just in case) Get someone to put a boxed end on the nut. get a ratchet with about 2' of extensions and a universal. Get onto the top bolt from the rear of the tranny between tranny and driver's side of the tranny tunnel. I've found this to be the easiest and quickest way.
I was able to do that without tilting the trans down.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
:wtf: you guys are hilarious, lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay, i got the new starter on and the car still just clicks doesnt turn over or anything, just clicks, ive replaced both starter fuses in the pass. side kick panel and its still the same thing, can anyone tell me what is going on i cant figure it out and i wont quit working on it until i start the damn thing so please help me out

·
Registered
340 Posts
The starter is a bitch to remove or mount, my starter "fell off" this summer and I had to fix it and then mount it again, I spent 2 hours sitting in the engine bay working with only one hand, my arms were hurt pretty bad when I was done, elbow all smashed and my fingers hurting like hell but it is possible, but as the people say here, tilting the tranny works better probably =)...

·
***ified?
1,087 Posts
its really not that hard. with the right combination of extensions and wobblies, you can do anything. Just wait until you have to pull the tranny:anger:

P

·
0 Posts
the clicking your hearing is just the starter solenoid moving. you dont have enough power to turn the starter / engine over. check your battery, and double check your starter connections and wires for looseness or corrosion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts