Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car at the bodyshop, and went today to check on it, I was told that the car won't start. When I check it out it felt like there was no spark from the plugs. I got one out and it was covered of carbon (all black) and soaked in fuel, so I put in new plugs and the car started right away.

The idle was rough and smelled like unburned fuel out of the exaust when I tryed to accelerate it missfiredand black smoke came out. I suspect that it may have a vacum leak somewhere, but couldn't find any loose hose.

Something similar happened to me when I steped on the gas and all of the sudden the car started to run like crap, it had the same effect on the plugs and it wouldn't boost at all. I looked for a loose vacum line then and couldn't find one, but the mechanic at my local Toyota dealer said that a vacum line came undone from under the intake manifold.

I looked everywhere this time and can't see if the same thing happened. If anyone on the forums had this problem before and can shed some light it will be greatly appreciated.

forgive me for the grammar, but it sucks to write when piss off.

luis

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. Your exact problem happened to me and I was stumped for hours staring at my engine until I noticed the the IC piping going into the throttle body was about 3 inches from where it should be. Boy did I feel dumb! Check all the IC pipe fittings and also check the intake after the maf.

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked the intercooler pipping several times, it seems to be ok. I will check againg.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't find any problem with the intercooler pipping. Is there any specific vacum hoses than could also couse this problem?

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know there is more MKIV owners here with an idea on what to look for.

I will really appreciate any help, last time this happened it cost too much$$$. and the mech at the dealer wouldn't tell me exactly where was the leak.

·
Dsm killer
339 Posts
I'm wondering if there is a vacum hose that can cause this also, im giong through the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts