Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya im wanting to buy some rims for my 97 supra turbo and im not sure what will fit. I am looking at some and the dementions are 19 x 8.5(Front) +19x9.5(Rear)
245/35/19(Front) + 275/30/19(Rear) my question is will these fit without giving me any problems like hitting or rubbing the tires on the fender walls. Thanks Paul

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
its all gonna depend on the offsets. i would suggest first finding a rim that you want and posting the name with the size. some rims you will have problems with.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
off set

Im not sure of the offset. I will call them tomarrow. The rims are HP racing Evo hypersilver. What offset would be good for this car.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
You need to look in the MKIV Tech section... there's a wheel fitment guide which will tell you exactly what you need to know, if you know the offsets available. It will tell you if the wheels will work, and what size tires will fit and look good.

I just ordered the wife-to-be a set of 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with 35 offset for her 94 N/A and the fitment guide shows 'em to fit near like the stock TT wheels.

·
Registered
13,582 Posts
I agree that those wheel sizes and tire sizes would fit well with about a +35mm offset.

Also keep this in mind ...make sure the wheels clear the calipers, fronts are usually the most challenging to clear; if the wheels don't clear the calipers and you have to use a spacer, that would change the whole ball game.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts