Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
95 SUPRA NA-T
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone take detailed pictures of there vacuum line routing. I took off my entire IM at the beginning of winter now I cant remember where all the vacuum lines go and how they are routed. Retard I know.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Bumping from earlier this year...

On our 94 N/A, we took the IM off and replaced everything as we thought it was supposed to be. Still sounds like we missed a vacuum line and I can't see where I may have missed it either.

Car still runs fine, but I would still l ike to see a good detailed pic as well and re-verify everything. Maybe someone's pulled the engine and can take a few snapshots of what the lines/rouing looks like on the back side of the IM.

Send me the pics and I can even host 'em... [email protected]

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Anyone pulled an MKIV N/A GE engine out this weekend? Please take pics of the vacuum lines at the back of the throttle body/EGR area please...

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have the Toyota manuals at home, I will get some pics out as soon as I can. There should be a diagram under the front part of your stock hood.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Not using stock hood and did not exactly find it in the TRSM... If you have a page number/section that shows it clearly, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Thanks for the info in my email... Still not detailed enough to see clearly and trace each line to make sure it's on the right ports of the metal lines/VSVs.

A hi-res pic or two would really help. I have the intake off of an N/A engine which came from a Lexus, which I was using to compare/work from. However, it is a bit different than on the MKIV.

I will try to take a pic of what we have...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I think the ones which are connected are going to the right places, but am not sure. I did find 2 ports which are open (red arrows below), but it looks like the one on the right, is the one which may have had a line on it (clean tip). I do not have any lose/unconnected lines and did not pull any out.

A few detailed pics like these would help. Unfortunately, I was using my iPhone, not much light, etc.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Thanks for the pics. They do look exactly like the Lexus intake I have and now I know why. They are slightly different at the nipple which comes off of the intake manifold.

On the Lexus intakes, there is a 3-way line splitter. One of these lines goes to the charcoal canister.

The hose (#3 in the pic below) off of the nipple on the MKIV intake does not have a splitter. Instead it goes to port at #2 in the pic.

The lines that go to the charcoal canister on the MKIV are hardlines which run along the firewall. It's easy to mix up with the brakelines in that area.

So, the hose/line at #1 should be connected to port marked a #4 in the pic below. There must have been a small hose there before, which fell out while doing the work.

Please let me know if you disagree or I have yet messed it up some more. Car seems to be running fine still.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts