Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i just bought this car recently and the previous owner had already changed the factory cd player to some after-market cd deck. sometime i turn the power on, the speakers has no sound, but sometime it works (if i turned off the engine and restart again). so i installed all new 4 1/4" and 6 1/2" speakers for the cars. after i tested it, it worked just fine. couple hours later, i tested it again, the speakers didn't work.
i thought that it might be the cd deck, so my friend changed it to a new alpine cd player. while my friend took out the whole dash, he realized that he couldn't find the factory amp. The old deck bypassed the factory amp and directly hook up to the car. It might be the wiring problems or might it locked itself without the factory amp?? He suggested me that the only way to make it works is to run all new wires to a new amp. so that's mean i need to buy all new sound system again... sigh....

what causes it? any suggestion?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Sounds like whoever worked on the the car last did a hack job, and there is no way of telling whats in there right now. Just take it to your local car stereo shop and have them re-install whatever you got. If you are gonna get it fixed...you might as well have it done right by someone who warrants there work

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my friend works at audio shop and told me that it might be the speaker wires mess up. so it's best just hook it directly to a new amp (which i just bought a jl 300/4) and runs new wires... *sigh*

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Its always best to hook it up to a new amp and run new wires. that should definately solve your problem

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea.. that's mean i need to buy a subwoofer now... costs me more money hehe, i wonder what's best? a 8" or 10" there's no way you can fit your t-top after u have a sub in your tunk. so i'm thinking about a jl 8w7 with 500/1 amp. what you think?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
I have 4 10's in my car and still fit my targa - there are several applications that you can do to fit multiple subs and still put the targa in the back. I would do a 500/1 with a 10w6 if you want to stick with JL...or Boston G510 with a GTR

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
you would probably need a custom box and yeah...probably lose your spare tire. I bet you could get away with using the new pioneer premier shallow subs.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
its 4 10's...but whos counting ;) and no...one battery

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now become a trick question. i ended up bought a brand new 1000/1 haha for cheap.. what size of w7 fit good in the truck without customize? and should i go for 12w7 instead since my amp is 1000 watt?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
W7 is a pretty deep sub - i dont know about fitting it in a truck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts