Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am almost done installing the fmic into the dawg but i have one small problem. A while back I had battery problems and I ended up going to Toyota and buying the biggest battery that would fit in the tray of the Sup and now the small over flow tank that comes with the Greddy kit doesnt fit next to the battery where the mounting bracket for it goes any of you guys have any ideas where else i can mount the overflow tank where it wont be in the way??

·
Registered
970 Posts
No pics right now but I have a Moroso bottle from Summit thats about 3" round and 10" long clamped right next to the intercooler under the front clip. You can only see it from under the car.

·
It's all ball bearings...
889 Posts
killamike553: I just saw a thrread the other day by Bob Tompkins (name same as username on here) detailing how the overflow bottle off an 06 Honda Civic works well and costs $10 or something. I'll see if I can dig it up with no search. Whatever you do, don't do what the previous owner of my MKIV did by putting the bottle under the passenger side headlight. It's a pain in the ass to say the least. I will post a link to Bob's thread if I can find it, good luck.
Chris

On edit: The thread can be found here. Pics can be found here and here.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I put mine on top of the intercooler, until I finally moved it beside the battery. It didn't look like it belonged there, but it served it's purpose.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ thanks everyone for the great ideas. i think since i really dont want to have to buy a new battery and i already have the small over flow tank that comes with the greddy kit i think i am going to end up mounting it to the passenger side of the shroud with the bracket that the kit brings. I really hope i can finish it today

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
i put mine under the driver headlight above my FMIC pipe`s. i have a question, what does it even do, and is it necessary? thanks (flame suit on)

heres the answer***

Only enough amount of the heated coolant goes to the radiator for cooling and this goes back to the engine to absorb heat once again. When the engine cools, vacuum is created in the cooling system since it is a closed system. This causes the coolant in the radiator overflow tank to be sucked back into the cooling system.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well got everything done today i ended up cutting the edge of the battery(part to pick up the battery) and fit right in just have to wait a couple days to get the flange to mount the BOV. Will post some pics as soon has i have the BOV in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts