Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title reads, my sister is finding some good deals on 03 G35 sedans. They are fully loaded with navigation and relatively low milage (around 50 thousand miles).

I haven't heard anything bad about these cars, and I've always liked them, so I was wondering if anyone has anything bad to say before we start to consider them.

I know it's the first year they were made so I'm wondering if that year had any problems in particular.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas for similarly priced luxury sedans with navi please let me know!

Thanks,

-Aaron

·
Champagne Papi
5,699 Posts
Uhh... you won't find much better than a G35 sedan in that price/market unless you want a bottom line 3 series BMW that won't have NAV.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2003/infiniti/g35/recalls/

Aaron I say go with a Bmw 3 series 325ci for your sis and get her the extended warranty atleast she doesn't have to pay for maintance like I do. Inifinti quoted me for brakes last week.

$485 labor per axle.

$160 for pads

$380 for rotors

Ya... fuck Inifiniti

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2003/infiniti/g35/recalls/

Aaron I say go with a Bmw 3 series 325ci for your sis and get her the extended warranty atleast she doesn't have to pay for maintance like I do. Inifinti quoted me for brakes last week.

$485 labor per axle.

$160 for pads

$380 for rotors

Ya... fuck Inifiniti
Yo, Miataboy. Do it yourself and save the money. Dealers are always going to overcharge you for stuff, be it Infiniti or BMW. You should know this.

Oh, and BMW maintenance = crap. True covered this in a recent post.
http://supraforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5088150&postcount=7

·
PREPOSTERONE
921 Posts
Yo, Miataboy. Do it yourself and save the money. Dealers are always going to overcharge you for stuff, be it Infiniti or BMW. You should know this.

Oh, and BMW maintenance = crap. True covered this in a recent post.
http://supraforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5088150&postcount=7
agreed, wasnt a fan of doing stuff myself until recently.....but fuck BMW's we have a few in our family wtih miles around 100k and the auto transmissions stink. Seriously, every one of them has some sort of issue...my cousins 528i hesistates going into over drive and every one of them slips more than any car with 100,000 miles should.

Why people spend 40,000+ for base model BMW's is a complete mystery to me...it is seriously the most retarded thing ive ever seen.

You can have your base 325i with leatherette , ill take an 07 IS350 over that crap anyday.

but to finally answer your question, my sister just bought a fully loaded is250 AWD for 40 thousand, i can put up some pics its beautiful....but if thats to expensive look into a used IS that will have great resale, decent performance and that toyota quality that cant be matched.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
agreed, wasnt a fan of doing stuff myself until recently.....but fuck BMW's we have a few in our family wtih miles around 100k and the auto transmissions stink. Seriously, every one of them has some sort of issue...my cousins 528i hesistates going into over drive and every one of them slips more than any car with 100,000 miles should.

Why people spend 40,000+ for base model BMW's is a complete mystery to me...it is seriously the most retarded thing ive ever seen.

You can have your base 325i with leatherette , ill take an 07 IS350 over that crap anyday.

but to finally answer your question, my sister just bought a fully loaded is250 AWD for 40 thousand, i can put up some pics its beautiful....but if thats to expensive look into a used IS that will have great resale, decent performance and that toyota quality that cant be matched.

I'm guessing you're talking IS300 right? Because the IS250s are still too expensive even used :(

The problem is that the IS300 did not come with navigation from what I remember... is this right? I wouldn't mind adding an aftermarket navigation but I'm not sure what the interior layout of the IS300s are like.

Any more input on that or on the G35???

·
Registered
231 Posts
it's a great car.
I own one and it is single turboed and has been very reliable to me
around 8k miles of daily driving in 6months, nothing went wrong really.
I did take the right steps making this into a turbo with a utec and return fuel system.
I love the car, it is balanced and a great daily driver you can pick up for a reasonable price used.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You can talk to 100 people and get 100 different answers. I do not think there were any major issues with the first year sedans. There were some recalls and TSBs, but Infiniti took care of everything. I've had both a 2003 G35 Coupe and currently have a 330Ci. Both cars were/are great and they've been good to me with some exceptions.

My G coupe fell into the first year, 6 speed transmission issue cars and I had the tranny replaced no questions asked. The service experience was great and i never had another issue with the car after that. Loved it . I don't think the sedans were even offered with a manual in 03, so you should be fine there.

As far as BMW goes, I have a newer car, so I can't speak for the used market, but BMW service has been very good to me. I've had no issues in over 2 years with this car other than a couple little electric gremlins that were fixed immediately.

Anyhow, I think the G35 sedans are great cars for the money new or used.

·
Administrator
17,271 Posts
My 2003 IS300 has factory navigation. :)

I'm guessing you're talking IS300 right? Because the IS250s are still too expensive even used :(

The problem is that the IS300 did not come with navigation from what I remember... is this right? I wouldn't mind adding an aftermarket navigation but I'm not sure what the interior layout of the IS300s are like...

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
As the title reads, my sister is finding some good deals on 03 G35 sedans. They are fully loaded with navigation and relatively low milage (around 50 thousand miles).

I haven't heard anything bad about these cars, and I've always liked them, so I was wondering if anyone has anything bad to say before we start to consider them.

I know it's the first year they were made so I'm wondering if that year had any problems in particular.

Also, if anyone has any other ideas for similarly priced luxury sedans with navi please let me know!

Thanks,

-Aaron
Very nice for what they are impressive power and handling for a $16,000 car. I don't like the idea of any woman owning a RWD car with the kind of power the G has unless she buys the X model. I had a client back out of the deal on one after i bought the fucking car so i basically sat on it for two months before it sold. While i owned it i got a little wheel time in and i was very impressed with the car. I don't know what you consider a good deal as our ideas on most things are very different.

My old 03 G35

Good luck,

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a lot guys.

I'm going right now to check out some G35 sedans and IS300. I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of the G35 coupes, but that's not what my sister is looking for anyway and she doesn't drive stick so automatic is the only option.

Steve: I didn't know that, I will check it out. It's possible it is a US-only option though :(

BBS: I know where you're coming from with the rear wheel drive thing, and I'll take it into consideration as well. Thanks.

·
Track Junkie
1,581 Posts
Before we purchased our 05 model, we test drove a couple 03-05. We like the 05 better, but there isn't major differences in term of chasis. It's a solid car, and Infiniti services have been great so far. Problem you might be facing with 03 model, the brambo brakes, as they do tend to wear out fast, and rotors can wrap easily. It was in a TSB and I believe the dealer will change them for free if the car is sitll under warranty (you might have to double check that). The only complain right now is the interior sometimes makes noises, other than that the car is great.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess no one is really noticing the fact that I want a sedan. There are no brembos on the sedan >.<

·
Aspiring viking
1,842 Posts
Those all seem fairly minor and at least Infiniti/Nissan is addressing them voluntarily. If I understand correctly, most of your G35 hatred has to do with failed parts while racing or beating on the car (i.e. no-lift-shifting a dozen times a day). I don't think this guy's sister will be putting her car through comparable abuse.

Perhaps another read worth looking at on the same site:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/oneyear/112_0407_2003_infiniti_g35/

1 - 20 of 32 Posts