Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, need some new tires but want some quality.

What are the best tires available?

Must have excellent handling and good wear.

Good wet traction desirable.

I am going to run 600rwhp constant but move higher occassionally so hopefully the tires can handle the wear and tear.

Sizes are:

245/35R19 front and 305/30/R19 rear

Also this is an SC300.

·
Premium Member
3,148 Posts
If I am not mistaken the Pirelli P-Zero Rosso in the only tire available in a 305/30R19. I guess this makes your choice easy.

Later, Steve

G

·
we run 285x35x19 p zeros and they are an excellent all round tyre. great handling, launch well and are good in the wet. I am confident you will not be dissapointed.

edit: this car is a 500+hp mercedes.

·
Yeeehaaa, Jester's dead!
682 Posts
I have the exact tires you described on my car, except I have 200whp less than you and I have traction problems in first and second gear. Now think about how bad it'll be with 600whp. Unless you don't mind swapping on some DR's when you want to nail it, I'd say sell the 19's and go for 18's so you can run G-Force T/A's.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Supra Shaun said:
I have the exact tires you described on my car, except I have 200whp less than you and I have traction problems in first and second gear. Now think about how bad it'll be with 600whp. Unless you don't mind swapping on some DR's when you want to nail it, I'd say sell the 19's and go for 18's so you can run G-Force T/A's.

:stupid:

thats what I was going to say... 19's suck I have 295 on my 18's running about the same power as hes stating at low boost ... there is no traction in 1-2-3 for the most part.... im going to be using DR's for high boost... ;)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Titanium - Do you run 295 30's ??

If you do, you could switch to 295 35's it will make a big difference...

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
My BFG KD T/A's are awesome. Hook very well, even with my mods.

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
x X CLoud X x said:
i had nittos also, they suck
worst tires i have ever owned were my nittos. even at the track, GARBAGE! they cool down very fast, and are hard to heat up.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
MK4LIFE said:
worst tires i have ever owned were my nittos. even at the track, GARBAGE! they cool down very fast, and are hard to heat up.

Mike, we talking about 555R, DR's. Hmmm. I havent had too many complaints, then again you have 300 more rwhp then I do. :D

DakaDan

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
DakaDan said:
Mike, we talking about 555R, DR's. Hmmm. I havent had too many complaints, then again you have 300 more rwhp then I do. :D

DakaDan
Ya the R's were horrible for me. If it was 80+ degrees out they were fine. BUt at the track, you would have to heat them up A LOT.

Even when i was BPU i did not like the 555R's, never seemed to hook well on the street.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
MK4LIFE said:
Ya the R's were horrible for me. If it was 80+ degrees out they were fine. BUt at the track, you would have to heat them up A LOT.

Even when i was BPU i did not like the 555R's, never seemed to hook well on the street.

Maybe its just user error.....;) :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I just bought the HRE 19s for $5500 so I am definitely not going to sell them. I also have a pair of 3pc C5s but I need more meat in the back so I will probably get some 10 or 11" rears. Those are 18s. The other option is to get some rims just for the rears to do some serious acceleration. Maybe one piece 15s.

Specs are as follows:
HRE 540R
19x9.5 275/30/R19
19x11 295/30/R19

Racing Hart C5 3pc
18x8 245/40R18 for when driving in weather with low boost

1 - 19 of 19 Posts