Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bone stock 91' turbo and I know that if you switch out the turbo cams for the NA cams you get a power boost, but does anyone know how much of a boost or what year NA cams I should put in? Also, I remember something about switching out the map censor for that of a lexus, but I can't remember what year or model to swap with or what the final benefits are. One last thing. I found the rims I want to put on my car, but they come smallest in 19's. Does anyone have any pics of a MKIII with 19 so I can size them up? Thanks.

·
way over budget
664 Posts
Search for info about n/a cams as there is lots of debate and you should come to your own conclusions. You can put in an AFM from a v8 lexus, I'm not sure which years either, but you can find them for sale in the for sale section all the time for around 100 bucks. You'll need to put in 550cc injectors at the same time though so youre engine still runs decently, and if you want it to run GOOD you'll probably want to get something to tune with such as a SAFC. Fuel pump might be a good idea at the same time. If you're not planing raising the boost much though, don't bothere with that stuff.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dont bother with the cams. Not work the effort imo with the valve shims adjusting and all. With 19's, man, that would be a small tire, 18's the biggest i would go(again imo) and they look great. I bought 18'' staggered aza n-1 (i think) from wheel max for 1400 shipped and ready to bolt on. Cant beat that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but I want to increase my power, and after being here in Iraq, I have a little money to play with. I don't know if it's just me, but the car had damn near no power. The power range was only to about 5300 rpm and the car would only boost about 4 pounds. I didn't feel much pull during accelleration either. So if anyone knows this information and/or anything that's quick and relatively cheap that I can do to put a little umph in her, let me know. Thanks again.

·
function > form
512 Posts
MotoflashTRD said:
and the car would only boost about 4 pounds
Sounds like you should freshen up things first. Probably have a cracked IC hose, very likely the lower hose. They crack right at the turbo from all the heat. Get it running good in stock trim before you start mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts