Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I need to get more camber happening up front. What are the parts I need for this? Upper control arms?

Also, I think my wastegate is faulty. Ive never had the boost controller hooked up, b ut everytime I hit the dyno i get different readings, from 280rwkw to 354rwkw. And look at that dip up top....its an OOOLD trust 44mm Gate i bought used. Im thinking just to go out and buy a new Tial? Do you know what size to suit my GT35r?

BTW, Sorry for starting new threads all the time! Im trying to get the car fully reliable for time attack!!

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Those upper arms are what you need, but that arm pictured is extremely expensive and ther only one in the market. However, I remember Titan is making a set of upper arms and it's still under development. The JIC upper arms have been discontinued for the last few years.

·
From the land down under
4,736 Posts
Has it always been running the same max boost mate, and is it achieving its target boost repeatedly on the dyno?

Im guessing the same dyno is being used and temperature corrections are being applied the same etc?

Regarding your wastegate, if you find out it is the culprit then I would just bite the bullet and buy a ti-al or GFB 50mm or 60mm. I love the new series with the coolant ports, and if I was doing time attack like you are, I think they would be a great addition, given that your turbo is already water cooler. Im sure you could plumb it in to the coolant lines fairly easily. :)

Have you checked your WG solenoid is functioning properly and that you dont have any leaks in the vacuum lines for the gate or boost controller etc?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of Mr. Ree. The TiAL MS-V and MV-R now both have water cooling of the diaphragm/housing. I have two MS-V's on mine since space was very tight around my twins and the -V is a bit smaller than the -R, otherwise quite similar.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Not Enough Grip
459 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks for that.

I found this thread by Joshua re the arms:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sh...ted-Control-Arms&highlight=upper+control+arms

Good thing with these is you can also adjust castor.

I have been really happy with these upper control arms...Titan was producing a run of them and should have them in stock. Contact Wes (one love on here) if you are intersted. You could do these upper arms and have Titan make the delrin bushing for the lower stock arms and be all set...

·
Custom User Title
974 Posts
If you do some serious digging, you may find the contact info for a shop in colorado (I believe) that was modifying some circle-track arms for the Supra 5-10 years ago...

·
Not Enough Grip
459 Posts
If you do some serious digging, you may find the contact info for a shop in colorado (I believe) that was modifying some circle-track arms for the Supra 5-10 years ago...

That was Jeff Branch / Colorado Performance. He used to post on SF when he had his Supra as Tripple Digits. I ran a set of the control arms he was modifying for a while. He is a really good guy and knows a lot about suspensions...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought some of the adjustable upper control arms from Jeff about 2 years ago to autocross with. I haven't had any trouble with them, but I can't say the same for the poor Toyota tech who adjusted my front suspension after I moved across the country and didn't have access to an alignment rack anymore. At one point he didn't think it was possible to get more than 2.0 degrees of camber in the front and was ready to give up even though the car drove in with 2.5 degrees! The entire process took him about 8 hours...I would say Toyota lost some money on that alignment.

Jeff's email is [email protected].

·
Something cool
670 Posts
The Titan Motorsports arms look to be the best designed. You only need the upper arms and max out the lowers, which provide quick adjust-ability compared to anything else out there. http://www.titanmotorsports.com/mkiv-supra-control-arms.html

What is your opinion of an affordable option? A guy in another SC at one of the races I was running had his eccentric bolt holes drilled out for more adjustment. That's two ends of the spectrum.

I can get -3 camber and about 4 castor up front with stock suspension, which has been working alright for me. I have all new Prothane bushings and Cusco Zero 2e coilovers.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Buy a tial I used to have a 44mm old school greddy but tial is a beaut and lightyears ahead now :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Gate ended up having a crack in it, changed to Turbosmart, and made 370rwkw,

Ohh I Have these SUPER Rare JIC upper control arms, $520 if anyone is interested?

·
Registered
169 Posts
And here is what the Works (Factory) Racing Supras were using for UPC (I have Toyota TRD Part numbers somewhere). The U-1 revision of the arm which is one of the later homologation looks quite "interesting" ;)

Edit modded the attachments to be more forum friendly:

Automotive window part
Font

1 - 19 of 19 Posts