Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm running a ddp, test pipe, straight back 3" all the way. I'm looking for a muffler with a deep mellow tone that isn't crazy loud at normal throttle. One with a 4.5"+ tip would be a plus.I'm looking for the most identicle sound to a Tanabe G- Power Medallion which apparently isn't made for our ride. Anyone whose ever had the pleasure of hearing one of these knows what I'm talking about.

I was looking into the HKS Dragger II, but the muffler isn't sold separately from the complete system. I've looked into the Carbon Ti's, but I've been told that these things are some of the loudest mufflers out there. Which is exactly what I don't want.

If anyone can lead me in the right direction, or better yet, has a nice muffler they want to sell me, please reply.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
942 Posts
my carbon ti is actually pretty quiet with my divorced downpipe, now my hks hiper turbo, is really loud-but thats on my na.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
RS R...ull love it :)

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
My apex'i N1 sounds really nice... i also have the whole N1 catback which includes a resonator but it has all the specs that you need. 3inch inlet 4 or 4.5 inch outlet, don't remember which. Either way, it sounds very nice and looks great.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Hey JonnyRedline,

I've always been an RS*R fan, how do these mufflers sound compared to the Tanabe G-Power? Is it mellow and deep like a dragger? The RS*R's go for around $250 shipped. Which is right where I want to be.

Also, I've seen those Megan Mufflers all over ebay. They don't look half bad, but how do they sound and perform? The Carbon Ti knockoff is dirt freakin cheap.

Anyone else have any other options?

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
I dont think my Carbon/Ti is that loud. I'll get a vid clip posted up here pretty soon. Its definately got a lil drone to it when cruisin though, so, that might be a complaint. But, I like it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The more I read about the RS*R GII, the more I like it. Not too much into the looks of it tho, but so far it's in the lead here.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
i second the RS*R ;) once you go RS*R you'll never go back.

·
I'm rich bitch.
653 Posts
I have an ebay Megan. Sounds/Looks great.

·
Registered
929 Posts
i have a magnaflow. sounds nice, especially at wide open throttle. the sound can get to you after a while. i'd recommend a resonator if you decide to go magnaflow, especially since you've got the ddp already.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
sound clips of the RS R comming soon...i have a clip of my 1j with a hks ti muffler...sounds beast....

·
Take it!
996 Posts
I reccomend MAGNAFLOW street series! Not too loud, gives a deep subtle rumble, i love it!

·
Banned
3,588 Posts

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Nice clips, I have one of my 1j with 4" and borla XR1. Sounds just pissed off. Too bad you want something tame ;)

·
Check Your Face!!!
1,417 Posts
paying large amounts of money for quiet exhaust packages just seems stupid, go with a nice straight through custom exhaust with whatever muffler you like the look of, i bought a apexi n1 ebay muffler and got a system made up, i just love that sound, exhaust must be loud and notable, theres just no substitute for great sounding exhaust, not this 'quiet' shit, LET PEOPLE KNOW YOUR COMING!

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
NecroCyde said:
paying large amounts of money for quiet exhaust packages just seems stupid, go with a nice straight through custom exhaust with whatever muffler you like the look of, i bought a apexi n1 ebay muffler and got a system made up, i just love that sound, exhaust must be loud and notable, theres just no substitute for great sounding exhaust, not this 'quiet' shit, LET PEOPLE KNOW YOUR COMING!
then, get a ticket, for letting the "wrong" people know your coming. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I can now highly recommend magnaflow. I have a custom 3" turboback with an 18" dynomax race bullet glasspack and a 4x9x18 magnaflow SS muffler.

I ran with just the glasspack for a couple months, its not as loud as you would imagine (I didnt attract any unwanted attention, the turbo itself quiets things a lot). I got the magnaflow today and am impressed, I just slid it on there to hear the difference. Doesnt make much of a difference at idle, but at high throttle sounds less boat-y and more exotic-y.

I love it.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
Peregrinus said:
then, get a ticket, for letting the "wrong" people know your coming. ;) :lol:
exactly...this is why i shelled out the cash for my Super Drager. Check the f/s section as someone was selling just the can not too long ago but i think it might have sold already. still way better than anything i think minus a straight pipe out the back but thats not drivable

1 - 20 of 20 Posts