Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i have got some mystery problem with my car. ill explain as briefly as possible. my car is a 1987 supra turbo 7mgte. it has all brand new performance rotating asembly and valve train and MHG. thats not where the problem is though i had it running all last summer with out any major problems until one day i was installing an auto meter air fuel ratio gauge. pretty straight forward, one ground one ignition 12 volt source and then one to the o2 sensor. our cars have three wires on the o2 sensor so i guessed on one it didnt work then the next one i tried was it. the gague worked so i soldiered it up. started the car it ran fine then i shut it off for a few minutes then about 5 minutes later it wouldnt start and it hasnt started since.

i soon discovered there was no spark. engine turns over fine tough. i played with the wires still didnt go. i inspected all the wire connections one was bad right out of the cps. but that wasnt it, my cps was it bad shape also so i replaced it with a used one (it is the right one for my car) still didnt work, i checked the ecu on another car it works, i replace the ignitor with one i know works and ive also just replaced the whole engine wiring harness with one that came off a running car.

so i was wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this that they can share that would help me out. i would greatly appreciate it.

also im not getting any tach movement when the car turns over the needle doesnt jump at all.

·
Slowly but Surely
1,438 Posts
Try this, while you try to start the car, have someone wiggle those patch of wires in the area where the o2 sensor plugs up the the engine harness. This has happened to my car before and still does it when i mess with something in the engine. Let me know.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the fuses.......... sorry not that dumb... and there is only one ignition fuse. im gona try the wiggling the wires while i start it.

·
CR,7M Indio~
105 Posts
i think the o2 sensor wired cant be soldered that will change the resistance i can be wrong about it....no spark? check crank position sensor and cams position sensor ,hope this can help you...good luck..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts