Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my rotors, pads, and fluid soon. I already bought the ss brake lines. Which rotors, pads, and fluid do you guys recommend? ? I mainly drive the car on the street. What do you think about Powerslot rotors w/stock pads?

Jason Kim
93.5 TT 6spd Hardtop BPU++
426rwhp, 423rwtq SAE

·
SupraStar
227 Posts
I would go for the Stillen cross drilled rotors with their recommended pads. Looks really good and could improve braking just a little.
They are not that more expensive than bying new stock rotors with pads.

Thanks

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
TomSid said:
I would go for the Stillen cross drilled rotors with their recommended pads. Looks really good and could improve braking just a little.
They are not that more expensive than bying new stock rotors with pads.

Thanks
I am very pleased with the quality of their rotors, they are precision drilled OEM Toyota rotors that they've Cad. plated. I The pads however are a different story. They're fine on the street, but the initial feel isn't there and they tend to fade with hard canyon driving or after a few times in a row of high speed braking.

I have a box of Hawk pads in my garage waiting to replace my Stillen pads.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ryan,
Do you know how much those Stillen Rotors go for?

Jason Kim

·
Very Senior Member
9,964 Posts
94MKIV said:
I need to replace my rotors, pads, and fluid soon. I already bought the ss brake lines. Which rotors, pads, and fluid do you guys recommend? ? I mainly drive the car on the street. What do you think about Powerslot rotors w/stock pads?

Jason Kim
426rwhp, 423rwtq SAE
I dunno, for street driving the stock rotors and pads are very good.

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
94MKIV said:
Ryan,
Do you know how much those Stillen Rotors go for?

Jason Kim
Vick is correct about the stock brakes (very competent), but everyone I know including myself who has installed x-drilled rotors gets more compliments on the brakes than anything else. Plus they are functional.

The fronts retail for $320 and the rears for $307

Email me privately and if you decide you want them I can save you some $$$.

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Powerslot quality seems to be less than the factory rotors. Along with everyone else, I will tell you to go with Brembo/Stillen rotors. Hawk pads are meant to be used for superior performance specifically with these rotors.

Brittany

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info. I might just stick with stock rotors and pads. If I go with the stillen rotors, should I get the cross drilled or slotted one? What about brake fluid?

Jason Kim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts