Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I have been thinking about changing some parts out on my car, and headlights was a main part that I wanted to replace. But I've been doing some research and cant really come to a settlement on one specific headlight. I wanted to keep that Original / Stock look to it, plus having it be LED (or not) but cant really find any. If anyone has any suggestions or some parts that I could mismatch and throw together to make it still have that OEM look to it, it would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
Stock 1989 Supra Turbo w/ Sport Roof
204 Posts
For those ricecar drivers like me, some custom retrofit headlights (that are designed and fabricated correctly) look and perform superbly. I'm actually in the process of designing some custom 3d printed housings out of ASA for mine. Otherwise those Holley's that Doug mentioned are very very nice.

Just ensure they don't blind other drivers. Make sure they are aimed correctly as well.

·
Registered
89 Supra Turbo M/T
415 Posts
I run holley retrobrights in another car of mine. They are fantastic. They look exactly like sealed beams. I haven't tried them in the Supra though. IIRC, there's some oddity about how the japan cars close the circuit through the ground instead of power. Not sure if that's an issue. Still working on the mechanical stuff on my car and just haven't got around to testing the retrobrights. Might be worth shooting headlight revolution and email though for their suggestions. I wouldn't spend money on any LEDs that are not on their website.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
If you want the very best non-LEDs, get Koitos through Daniel Stern. These are super high quality non sealed European beams from Japan. I run them on my other classic sports car and they're far better than either the Bosch or Hella euro beams. Better pattern. That's my ultimate recommendation as I'm not a fan of the dust/humidity/rain/snow light blowback you get from LEDs. Glad to know someone who's using the Holleys. I read a review and it almost made ME want a set!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts