aem standalone
6speed
tt rearend
lightened flywheel
stock block
oil cooler
and a few other things

whats your guys opinions?
im shooting for no more than 30psi on race gas, and 18 psi on pump when on the streets.

#'s and opinions plz

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
19 views and NO opinions? come on fellas !

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
your exhaust is going to be a big restriction.. i'd say 550whp on pump gas, 750whp on race gas

·
Banned
566 Posts
Alot of the guys making big power eliminate the oil cooler, it robs pressure from where you need it most, namely the 5-6 bearings. Has anyone else ran a 272 intake with a stock exhaust cam?

Josh

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
What size IC piping are you going to use. I agree with chidoks your exhaust is a little small for that setup, 4" would definitly help make some more power. After that the intercooler will be your restriction. 30psi and race gas I'd guess 800rwhp.

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tpower wise what has been thrown out there, id agree on.

id love to run 4" exhaust BUT id prefer not to as coming out the rear of the car i want to keep it stock looking and dont want it to be toooo loud. im trying to keep the car sleeper as can be by painting the 2 magnaflow 3" mufflers black with stock looking tips as not to create more attn than necessary with cops.
as for the exhaust cam i will be doing a regrind later to near 272 specs to free up the exhaust side a bit. if i can make 700+ on race gas id be happy. 500 on pump would be fine. but please keep the opinions coming, they are well appreciated.

ben

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size IC piping are you going to use. I agree with chidoks your exhaust is a little small for that setup, 4" would definitly help make some more power. After that the intercooler will be your restriction. 30psi and race gas I'd guess 800rwhp.

3"ic piping is what im going to run on this setup, which i would assume will be fine.
if i hit 750rwhp on race gas id be happy.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
why not run the ttcperformance intake and exhaust cams? cowboybepop on this forum has them

·
Banned
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why not run the ttcperformance intake and exhaust cams? cowboybepop on this forum has them

to be honest he said 2 week min delivery time i dont have that time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts