Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem getting my small overflow bottle to fit with everything else - actually, the bottle fits but the foglamp adjustment bolt hits on the bottle. I have a full-size battery and the bottle just squeezes in and can't move back far enough to give the foglamp adjuster enough clearance. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution that doesn't involve getting a smaller battery?

I got the overflow bottle from Jay Marks, I think it is the same one used for the GReddy FMIC kit.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I have an Optima, and its a tight fit, I had to loosen up the battery tie-down and the wedge it in there and tighten things back down.

PS: I'd love to check out your Racelogic System sometime. I'm just a quick ride dow the 241 from you. Perhaps on a weekend in the next month or so? :D

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Bob said:
I have a problem getting my small overflow bottle to fit with everything else - actually, the bottle fits but the foglamp adjustment bolt hits on the bottle. I have a full-size battery and the bottle just squeezes in and can't move back far enough to give the foglamp adjuster enough clearance. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there a solution that doesn't involve getting a smaller battery?

I got the overflow bottle from Jay Marks, I think it is the same one used for the GReddy FMIC kit.

Thanks,

Bob
I bought a smaller battery. :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob said:

Thanks,

Bob

Battery tray is large, loosen the battery, and carefully push it towards the motor (fan), and it will free up enough space to easily fit the overflow tank between battery and fender. I even managed to fit HKS Twin Power ignition there as well, at the same time. I am using regular size DieHard battery.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Monster: I was able to fit the bottle in, but with my battery tray pushed to the extreme of adjustment the bottle fits very tight and sits too close to the headlamp assy. I could remove the steel bushings that are pressed into the battery tray which would let me slide the tray over a little bit more, but I was hoping to avoid yet another quality-degrading mod related to my FMIC installation :( - I was hoping to hear from someone "oh yeah, you need part number XXXXX-XXXXX" or something like that :)

RSA Supra: You are in Fullerton, no? I work in Brea, so I'm sure we can schedule something. I'm going to be installing my new Whiteline suspension kit in a few weeks, perhaps after that...

Bob

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob said:
Thanks for the replies, everyone.

Monster: I was able to fit the bottle in, but with my battery tray pushed to the extreme of adjustment the bottle fits very tight and sits too close to the headlamp assy. I could remove the steel bushings that are pressed into the battery tray which would let me slide the tray over a little bit more, but I was hoping to avoid yet another quality-degrading mod related to my FMIC installation :( - I was hoping to hear from someone "oh yeah, you need part number XXXXX-XXXXX" or something like that :)

RSA Supra: You are in Fullerton, no? I work in Brea, so I'm sure we can schedule something. I'm going to be installing my new Whiteline suspension kit in a few weeks, perhaps after that...

Bob

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A picture is worth a thousand words!

Looks like I need to get my battery moved enough to align the side of the bottle with the battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts