Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm repairing my harness and I'm trying to figure out which connectors I need for the various sensors on the thermostat housing; mainly the two A/C water temp. sensors (light green/red and blue/white wires). If anyone can snap me a quick pic I would appreciate it MUCHO.

·
what would jesus drift?
987 Posts
probaly.. why not right? not using it them take it out..

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
whuch sensor would i replace if my aux fans don't come on?
I tried wiring up my contour fans to them to come on at 180, but nothing happens.

would it be the light green wire for aux fan sensor?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thermactor said:
the "light green wire for aux fan sensor" - is that sensor needed for the ECU? since my aux fan isn't even present, i could use that space for an aftermarket temperature gauge

No, that sensor is not needed for the ECU. The light green/ red wire for the aux. fan sensor goes straight to the A/C amplifier.

catch2nd said:
just to clear anything up... but thats an 89+ car right?? 86, 87 and 88 will have a little different setup I believe

Yes, that appears to be for an 89+, but the pre 89 cars have the same setup.

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
Thermactor said:
the "light green wire for aux fan sensor" - is that sensor needed for the ECU? since my aux fan isn't even present, i could use that space for an aftermarket temperature gauge

no it is not needed. The only sensor that is needed to run the car is the ecu water temp sensor.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
good stuff. i could use the a/c fan sensor and the aux fan sensor ports to drive my aftermarket water temp gauge and a thermostat for e-fans. thanks dudes! y'all rock

·
Registered
915 Posts
Could you use a 7mge thermostat housing on a 7mgte and if so what sensor could be removed
You can use both on either 7mgte or 7mge housings but the only difference is the cooling bypass tube routing. I run a 7mGE housing on my 7mGTE because my aftermarket turbo is not water cooled and the 7mGE housing has the bypass hose on the side of the housing, it looks cleaner and still works like it should.

The only real difference is they style of plug connector for the different Supra years for the cold start injector time switch and the coolant temp ecu sensor. Also the front of the thermostat housing where the upper radiator hose connects to comes in either a 2 hole threaded or 3 hole threaded style housing for the BVSV and other sensors in that spot so keep that in mind too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts