Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to get some idea and if its possible to see the pictures of oil filter kit relocation process on 7MGTE Supra. Like where the good location to put a oil t-stat, oil cooler and oil filter itself, may be even accusump.
how these end hoses fittings and ss hoses running, etc.
I got aeroquip stuff, and I need to make my mind how it will assambly, so I can order all end hoses fittings needed.
Thanks in advance.
Are these ss hoses so bitch to push on hose ends fittings? or its just me :(
How many guys have accusump, does it make difference?

·
AEM SP63
1,459 Posts
I'll take some pics of mine for you, later this weekend.

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
THis is on my mk2, but it shouldn't make any difference:

I had to relocate the pressure sender (which is not stock anyways) to the front of the block to fit the adapter.

Thermostat

You can see the filter on the pass side strut tower (blue/silver thing)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racefiend,
Thanks for the pictures of ur set up.
I have different oil filter spin-on adapter, so fitting is different, also the place where you have ur oil filter relocated is occupied with ABS unit at my engine bay.
I like ur idea where the t-stat located, i should check if I can do something similar.
How did you assembly these ss hoses with fittings, man it is very difficult to do with just bare hands:) I am sure its should be some special procedure to do that.
Thanks again for ur time.
Manny, I will wait for pictures of ur set up. What did you do with ur old skinny ass oil cooler, Hubie installed earlier on ur Supra? ditched, or use for power steering?

·
Just some guy
1,681 Posts
nofear6235 said:

How did you assembly these ss hoses with fittings, man it is very difficult to do with just bare hands:) I am sure its should be some special procedure to do that.
You really need a vice, with the vice inserts for the fittings. Other than that, just some crescent wrenches and you're good to go. Though the aluminum AN wrenches are nice to have :) A little tip: cover the fittings with a few layers of masking tape, as even the aluminum vice inserts and AN wrenches can leave scratches.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just shoot the picture of what I start to do, regarding my question above (oil filter relocation).
First picture is how originally my engine bay looks (plus a big K&N filter get connected to the turbo) and second picture is where I am now, just trying to get an idea where all parts (adapter for the oil filter new location, oil thermostat and Mocal oil cooler) goes.
I am almost sure that oil cooler will sit on the place where the AC condenser use to be.
If any one can share pictures I will be appreciate.
And one more thing, can I use teflon plumbing tape on oil hoses fitting conections, I have heard that teflon peaces cut by threads may clog an oil pump??
Thanks

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, trying to decide where to put all the goodies, already find a place for oil filter with adapter, under the passanger headlight, Mocal 19 raw oil cooler goes on the place where AC condenser use to be, still need to find where to install the Mocal oil t-stat, it is very crowded under my hood. Once I find place for all parts I need for this project I will start to play with SS aeroquip hoses and fittings.
SacoMan do u have many Supras in Spain:)?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Not many and very pricy, mine a mint lemon as it is threw me back 5000€ Thats € not $, ive seen mkIII NA for over 8k and in horrid condition.
Mine is turbo got totally had by its pristine interior and body, waiting for a tool to get the engine back in after BHG and Rod knock fix i did by myself whith zero mechanical experience :mad:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SacoMan said:
waiting for a tool to get the engine back in after BHG and Rod knock fix i did by myself whith zero mechanical experience :mad:
Man, you probobly geneous;) , I work on my car for years, but have no idea yet how to fix a rod knock, I guess when I have it (GOD please NO!), I would know.

B

·
0 Posts
Details on those parts you are using, i am not familar with that blockoff plate adapter you have running there. Looks like a HQ unit.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigBad91Turbo said:
Details on those parts you are using, i am not familar with that blockoff plate adapter you have running there. Looks like a HQ unit.
If you are talking about spin-on adapter on my engine block, its a Permacool full flow, replacing POS restrictive GTE stock oil filter union with return line.
What I am planing to do is to block off oil pan, where the stock unit also connected, then run SS line to new relocated oil filter then to oil t-stat , Mocal oil cooler and finally back to the spin -on addapter on engine block.
I am looking for the pictures from peps who did this before,it will save me a lot of time.
When I am done with this and its work correctly, I will post write up with pictures of this project.

B

·
0 Posts
I have the permacool kit actually right now in the garage, I never got it on the old set up. Looks pretty strainght forward. Please do a write up when you get a chance.

RaceFriend: what is your set up with that black anodized adapter?

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
I don't have any pics yet, but my setup is not using a spin on adapter.
Instead, the oil pump has been machined to a larger fitting that takes AN10 line, and that goes across in the pan to the other side of the block. The block was drilled out and tapped for 1/2" NPT to AN10 fittings, and a plug installed that would go up to the stock oil fiilter casting. Another 1/2" NPT to AN10 fitting is installed where the block off plate goes. (Plenty of block material there to drill/thread.)
This then goes to a CM in line filter, and then to the cooler/thermostat from a RX7 turbo. On the way back to the motor using the stock oil filter to main galley thread, an Accusump is T'd into the system, and a one way valve installed to keep oil from being pushed back to the cooler/filter/pump. (All the accusump pressure goes to the main galley where it belongs.)

Went with the electronic valve for 20 to 25psi on the accusump, and it will be wired up to pre-lube the engine before every start. All lines are AN10 from the pump to the engine galley, so there sould be very few restrictions. (I hope.)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
adjuster,
^ what you did, seems as a very interesting uniqe approach to upgrade oil cooler system in our cars, unfortunatelly to be honest with you, I don't have enough brain power to completely understand what you did, without pictures. I am still loosing at what I am doing now with my oil system upgrade, trying to find the way how and where everything need to be placed and connected. Please post pictures with explonation when u can.
Here, bellow is the satge where I am now, still doubt if oil t-stat should be in front of the IC, looks good to me, but not sure if its efficient:) Let me know what u think

·
25psi Bliss
1,446 Posts
Two things:
1) Don't really dig the location for the oil T-stat. Why not place it beside the cooler in the same location the A/C condenser vacated. Just put together some brackets (local hardware store is your friend), and screw / bolt everything together.
2) If I had the druthers, I'll opt for some insulating sheath for the SS hoses. It's primary in this circumstance will be to prevent / miniize contact and vibration wear from the other engine bay components. So only use it on the hoses that are in contact with other components.

Looks bling man :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hey Howard,
Where the promised pictures man:)
Anyway thanks for respond, I will think about your suggestion to move oil T-stat next to oil cooler and I will defenatelly going to look for insulating material for SS hoses. Good advise. Where you get yours?
I also spent couple hours today (removing windshield washer bottle and drill new holes), and change position for oil filter adapter, so now filter will face down, as Brian suggested. Good idea to be able pre-oil filter before staring the car after the oil changes, besides its much easy to remove.
Anyway how is ur project doing?
Alex

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here is coming an update on my oil system upgrade.
During last couple weeks, trying to find a time between work and family.
It wasn't a easy project for me...., I just hope it worth it
Using -10 AN Aeroquip SS hoses with swivel hose ends, Mocal 19 raw oil cooler, Mocal oil t-stat, etc. Still need to put some insulation and secure some hoses on place.
Bellow some pictures:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts