Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Supra - Hardtop
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a chance to pick up a 92 MKIII supra in what appears to be great condition! But i need some help from the more experienced members on this board before i shoot him an offer, what do you think this cars value is based on its condition and upgrades list? What problems etc. should i look out for or ask about?

http://www.pure-tuning.com/pages/media/projectcars/ma70.htm

---Thanks

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Hmm... a black on black '92 turbo with black leather, 1 of 1500 or so '92 models made. I'd like to know the mileage and such, but I'd give in the 7K range for it, perhaps more. The auto will be a bargining tool.

cwd

·
SP74HO
1,143 Posts
Thats a very nice looking car. I would say $6-8K depending on miles ect.

Find out if the head gasket has been replaced? If so, what type, metal or stock, and if ARP hardware was used?

92's are rare and command a high retail providing it is in sound shape.

·
Dont question the good Dr
474 Posts
If the interior is in as good of shape as the outside of the car then its in really great shape. To determine real value, mileage, maintence, and a drive in the car can really tell you its true worth. Its an automatic so its not as sought after as a 5 speed, but KBB will put an auto's value higher than a manual.

Honestly, I'd say your looking at a solid $6500 car, especially if those upgrades come with the car.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
Damn that's a nice looking car. It is located at a Performance Head Shop so they should know what's going on, the main question would be has the head gasket been upgraded to a metal headgasket? If not, that would be the first order of business. After that, the radiators tend to clog after 100,000 miles and all engine rubber (hoses especially) need replacing.

As for price, it really depends alot on the history of the car, wrecks, actual mileage, etc. New paint, etc hides alot, but actual mileage usually is an indicator of the condition of the suspension, bushings, rubber trim, hoses, etc. If the car is as clean as it looks in the pictures, with as clean of an interior I would pay as much as $8,000 for it.

·
Registered
1997 Supra - Hardtop
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the very quick and informative responses guys!

As far as i understand, this car has not been involved in any wrecks and has a total of 101,000 miles on it.

When i get home later i'll shoot him an email requesting about the HG's/ Engine maitence, and condition of the interior etc. I'll update asap.

All your guy's help is much appreciated.:)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
Buy it while you can or hate yourself later. (if the car checks out ok).

Black shadow grey 92 represent.(well recaro now but what's left in the interior is shadow grey)

aight peace :chicken:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
By far my favorite mkIII. I would love to come out of the house to that everyday. Damn.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i would pay $6500-8000,if it's as clean as the pic's.just over 100,xxx,the motor must have been cracked open.

·
4,627 Posts
GO for it It has a VCP and Some HKS Goodies, and with 100k miles that tranny is butter, on top of that its got MKIV wheels, and A real Bomex Lip. Basically being that its a 92 and Black/Black Leather, I'd give a good 8000 at most.... problem is its been owned by a speed shop and the last few thousand miles probably haven't been the easiest on this baby...but it must be stock boost...unless it was shimmed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts