Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm trying to get a quote for shipping my engine and trans, I just need to know how much a 7mgte and a R154 weigh.. i need to know asap if anyone knows, I'll keep searching after this post but please help! :S

·
I Didn't Do It!
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on?! anyone? I need an idea of what to tell them to get a shipping quote before i call! :(

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey guys I'm trying to get a quote for shipping my engine and trans, I just need to know how much a 7mgte and a R154 weigh.. i need to know asap if anyone knows, I'll keep searching after this post but please help! :S
gte probably less then 500 lbs cause i have my engine hoist set at 1/2 ton and it does it with a breeze. also my engine stand is for 500lbs i think or maybe 1000lbs? but it holds up fine to.

im thinking the tranny is 150lbs

·
Registered
278 Posts
so say, around 600 lbs for everything together, minus the ct on it? sound reasonable?
that really sounds pretty reasonable to me atleast cause i take mine out like every other month for some stupid problem.
rough guess of everything
a bare block is around 150
crank 60-80lbs
pistons, rods, water pump, crank pulley ~15 lbs
head 80lbs
intake/exhaust manifold 20lbs
clutch/flywheel 50lbs
turbo? 15lbs
tranny 150

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Okay, i told them around 600, thanks for the help man :)
id honestly say its closer to the 700-800 mark really. its definitley under 1k because the hoist will hold them both on the 1/2 ton setting.

if i had to guess i would say around 750-800 fully assembled

·
Registered
278 Posts
id honestly say its closer to the 700-800 mark really. its definitley under 1k because the hoist will hold them both on the 1/2 ton setting.

if i had to guess i would say around 750-800 fully assembled
this is true, but hey i guess you will find out when they pick it up?
:1poke:

·
Stormcock approves
1,859 Posts
that really sounds pretty reasonable to me atleast cause i take mine out like every other month for some stupid problem.
rough guess of everything
a bare block is around 150
crank 60-80lbs
pistons, rods, water pump, crank pulley ~15 lbs
head 80lbs
intake/exhaust manifold 20lbs
clutch/flywheel 50lbs
turbo? 15lbs
tranny 150
The block is lighter than 150 pounds. I was able to pick it up without destroying my back and I am by no means a large guy. The crank is maybe 40-50. An assembled head might be ~80 pounds, but unassembled it certainly isn't. Turbo weighed ~22 pounds when I sent one out for an upgrade. Tranny is ~100-120.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got a head on top of my desk right now with the valves/springs in it, but no cams, and I'd be suprised if it was more than 60lbs.

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
if i remember about 700~800 range for everything

1 - 12 of 12 Posts