Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wheel Whore
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anybody know where I can find an intercooler pipe to work with my turbo. Its a precision turbo and I have a 3 row intercooler. I bought a 90 degree elbow but there is no clearance with that lower water neck in the way. I have the HKS manifold and so could anybody tell me where I could go to find the pipes to work with this turbo? Also do I need more than one pipe or is it just one bend? Here is a picture showing the tight clearance with the lower water neck.

Any help would greatly be appreciated thank you.

·
Read Only
367 Posts
had the same problem, I simply bought a turbonetics nitrile connector 2 1/2 to 3" to bridge the gap with the 4-row piping. Since the nitrile was almost touching the exhaust manifold, I bought some 1" wide-ass clamps to protect the connector. If you an wait till tomorrow I'll be able to send you a pic. Chris

·
Wheel Whore
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I appreciate the feedback oldcrxbooster, but I did my own hacking in the past two days and here is a small solution to those who might encounter the same problem. Note that I am doing this until I upgrade intercoolers so it might work for some, others might have a different view.

The first thing I did was I used the 3 inch 90 degree elbow I primarily bought for the compressor housing, and used it on the endtank. After I did this I went to a local muffler shop where I had them cut me approximately 7 inches of aluminum 3 inch pipe.

You can see there that I used the "fender" pipe from the three row, turned it sideways and it mated right up to the pipe that was originally used to mate up on the end tank. I am using the greddy 2 3/4 to 3 inch coupler to mate these two pipes together, and I bought another 2 3/4 to 3 inch coupler from turbohoses, and that will mate straight to the turbo.

Here is a top view

Here is a top view you can see it mates right to the turbo. Like I said I had to order the reducer to make it snug.

Finally this shows the ground clearance since my car is DUMPED! After installing the coupler onto the turbo I will have roughly 2 more inches of clearance from the ground to the blow off valve.

So in conclusion the only thing I do not like is the placement of the blow off valve because it is sticking out right under the vent. Granted it will be louder but it will probably encounter some road debris.

So what you need to purchase for suprawillis's 3 row hack job are:
-90 degree precision turbo 3 inch elbow $30.00
-7 inches (give or take) of 3 inch aluminum pipe $20.00
-2 3/4 to 3 inch coupler from turbohoses $28.00
-misc silicon hoses and clamps if you don't already have them.

·
Read Only
367 Posts
Thats great! I'd be realllly worry about the bov sticking out like that. If I was you I would re-install the towing hook on that side. If you ever go thru something at least you'll hear it touch the hook before...my 2c. Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts