Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed an NA-T kit in my Lexus Sc300, all went well except the car was running a good bit rich and would stall out when putting the car into neutral (like running and then going to neutal to stop at a stop sign). At this point I could at least drive it around the block.

The car is running the larger lexus V8 MAF and Boostlogic 525cc injectors, I also have an SAFC2. I was told to install the SAFC and pull out 20 to 30% fuel across the board and it would help out.

SAFC went in and the car will not run correctly, the idle is choppy and the car is still running very rich even with fuel taken out...and running worse. I've double checked the wiring and it's correct, even re-did the wire taps. When that did not help I took the SAFC out thinking the car would return to being semi-driveable but its still the same.

I'm out of options and need the car back going, I would rather pay someone to come fix it rather than pay $175 just to tow it to a performance shop.

Is the SAFC2 gonna work for this application, someone mentioned that at idle or closed loop it would not pull the needed fuel.

Please call me at 678-588-3991 if you can assist me, I'd rather pay someone the tow truck money than have to send the car in somewhere.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Registered
283 Posts
Todd
Not much to offer for help, but I would strongly recommend posting this in the NA section of the forums. There are alot of guys there who have converted to NA-T. I would be willing to bet that someone there has experienced the issues that you are having now. Better would be to try sending a PM to DaveH, who is an old school NA-T guru and supremely helpful guy.

Believe that you are on the right track regarding the cause of the issue.

When you adjusted the fuel settings with the AFC, did you jump straight to 20% and start from there? If so, you may want to try re-setting it to 0 and trimming back the fuel in much smaller (2%) increments to see if that helps.

Truly taking stabs in the dark here, but maybe you were over-compensating for the larger injectors by pulling too much fuel (???). Just a thought.

Again, your best bet (barring contribution from one of the local gurus) might be trying the NA section.

Keep me posted on your progress. I have been wondering how things were going with this project of yours. Hope everything else is going well with you.

Later,
Kelly B

p.s. Was thinking when I first read this that pulling out the SAFC caused things to return to normal...now that I see that it didn't, I am thinking that your problem *might* be either related to a boost leak (did you check for this?) or problems with the larger MAF. Have you tried hooking up the old MAF to see what would happen?

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Is the V8 MAF the same type of MAF (IE: Hot Wire, Flap, etc)? Also, when you took out the AFC, did you re-connect the spliced wires?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Kelly, long time no see! Yeah, I eventually got everything straightened out...it turns out that the MAF wire on the ECU was not quite snug enough in the connection and was giving me all sorts of problems.

Now that it's hooked up nice and tight, the AFC is doing a wonderful job of compensating for the extra fuel. My stock clutch is not too happy now....heheheheh.

>>>>
Thanks as well to you chnco for offering advice, yeah we re-did the wiring but apparently both attempts were not well and the wiring just wasn't making a good connection. I guess I need to solder those bad boys in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts